the mood thread

snow2fall said:
The so-called "developed world" might be becoming less populated, but the "underdeveloped" countries aren't. They keep procreating and developing, thus increasing pollution - which is a disaster for the whole planet.
The pope doesn't approve of condoms, nor does he like the idea of contraceptive pills. So even if you don't ride exactly everything in sight, it's quite likely that you either produce unwanted offspring or transmit/ catch some unpleasant viruses.

Btw, does Il Papa approve of hitting people? :dopey:

lets make babies ya :hotjump:

bust.gif

I don't think it's basically the "third world" where environment pollution is going on on the largest scale. For example, in Budapest the number of cars has at least doubled in the past few years while the population has decreased.

Maqus said:
I don't think it's basically the "third world" where environment pollution is going on on the largest scale. For example, in Budapest the number of cars has at least doubled in the past few years while the population has decreased.

no it's definitely not. americas environment is pretty polluted in places, it just seems like the big problem in third world countries is that they use up resources very quickly to try to make quick cash. they do what they can to get money now and leave the clean up for future generations.
but the population thing is a big deal. i've definitely decided against children or if i must pass on my genetics have one kid and adopt one for a playmate.

Maqus said:
I don't think it's basically the "third world" where environment pollution is going on on the largest scale.
I agree. Just look at the US for instance. But imagine a highly populated country such as India or China all of a sudden reaching America's per-head level level of pollution and waste of natural resources... o_O

snow2fall said:
I agree. Just look at the US for instance. But imagine a highly populated country such as India or China all of a sudden reaching America's per-head level level of pollution and waste of natural resources... o_O

but why is the dragon smelling her finger then? now this is a serious pollution related question :saint:

Bambi said:
Shite, yeah. we better stop them hindus from breeding!
That's not what I was saying. Population growth won't stop anyway, it'll increase. So we gotta make sure to use alternative forms of energy (in order to reduce emission of greenhouse gases) both here and in the developing world, so that our mistakes of the past are not repeated elsewhere. Cos that'd inflict massive damage on our mother nature.

Its a bit hypocritical of the west though, having already gained all the benefits of massive industrialision, to say to developing countries..."here you lot cant do that now...think of poor ickle mother earth, and less of the shagging too you derty gets"

and by the way all the earths oil ran out ten years ago didnt it?? which is why i tend to take most of what environmentalists say with a large pinch of that precious renewable commondity...salt :Smug:

snow2fall said:
That's not what I was saying. Population growth won't stop anyway, it'll increase. So we gotta make sure to use alternative forms of energy (in order to reduce emission of greenhouse gases) both here and in the developing world, so that our mistakes of the past are not repeated elsewhere. Cos that'd inflict massive damage on our mother nature.

greenhouse gases are far from the only problem on the earth in environment though. think of things like how much trash these people produce, the hazardous wastes, nuclear energy, things that can't decompose or are poison chemicals or any of that..it's scary.

for the population to stay at a steady rate each women on the earth can have 2.1 children. i'd like to know how one has just .1 children. (or child? 0.1 child..?)
anyways. i read someones hypothesis once that women ought be able to sell that 0.1 off to someone. like uhm......i can't think of the english word now...having a certificate that says you can have kids. i don't think license is what i'm going for. anyways. but when you get these cards that say you can have them, and when you have one kid you turn in that many to the politicians then you can sell off the rest or something. its a good idea in theory. so if every women only had one child then the population would decrease. population is an easy thing to control..... i'm done thinking

korsfarer said:
population is an easy thing to control
yeah, like fuck...
in theory you can control all human actions by inventing fishy laws. i bet the legislative would even add some paragraphs in font size 1, securing their elitist right to shag and breed little critters whenever they want to. and i'm all for hidden cameras in people's bedrooms to control the use of condoms and such.
shit, i think i would found a free breeding party.

Bambi said:
Its a bit hypocritical of the west though, having already gained all the benefits of massive industrialision, to say to developing countries..."here you lot cant do that now...think of poor ickle mother earth, and less of the shagging too you derty gets"
Hypocritical?! I'd call it foresighted. Wouldn't bee too nice to let someone choke in their own waste while knowing better.
And btw: Ever considered the possibilty that not every pregnancy is wanted and thus many children do not necessarily bring more joy and happiness?! In fact, in a poor family having many children means having more hands to help with the daily chores, but in the end the property has to be split among many. So there's even less left for each child.

snow2fall said:
Wouldn't be too nice to let someone choke in their own waste while knowing better.
What about turning their 'waste' into something worthwhile instead of restricting them even more?

snow2fall said:
many children do not necessarily bring more joy and happiness?! In fact, in a poor family having many children means having more hands to help with the daily chores, but in the end the property has to be split among many. So there's even less left for each child.
Poor families also sell some of their children to get along, so most of them obviously see some kind of purpose in breeding children. The pros outweigh the cons and as long as it stays that way, nothing will change.

And what would Nike and Co. do without all those cute and cheap workers?

Yeah its hypocritical, no one in the west is choking in garbage but we're going to tell other countries they can't mimic our recipe for success?

Im glad to see your making those decisions for the poor, very kind of you. Many families are big for a cultural/social reason, whether its the high nipper fatalities or kids simply being good investments. There arent that many pension plans in the third wolrd. I know its terrible that poor countries wont behave in a manner thats acceptable to liberal pc westerners but you have to let them make their own choices.

Actually now that i think of it i came from a poor, big family lol. somehow we survived and all, though we probably wrecked havoc on mother earth in the process :tickled:

Yeah, I mean as if third world industrial development was independent of fucking western capital, every bloody thing is tied into everything else in this shit world of global capitalism, and the west is really fucking hypocritical, they frown at illegal immigration and hooray for their emancipated women who can go to work and have a career cause miss filippina or miss hungary do the shitty housework and childcare for them for money they wouldn't even lift their little fingers for.

look guys, if youre all against globalisation and that, why dont you turn off that computer of yours thats been made by poor little gooks in gookland, and turn off the light too and light candles instead cause it wastes resources, and dont flush the bogs after youve taken a crap, and sell your car, and everything that says 'made in china'.

Who's talking about restrictions? Would just be nice if globalization had a positive effect as well - the transfer and exchange of knowledge and technologies between the industrialized and developing world. There's a lot us westerners can learn in the field of health and medicine, why not giving people advice on how to use alternative energy sources or how to recycle their rubbish?! Going a different, less destructive way doesn't mean going a less effective way.