The Most Dynamic Metal Song Ever

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I dont know how many people are going to agree with me on this, but here it goes: I think The Chaos Path by Arcturus is the most interesting and dynamic song the metal world has ever created. It is one of the only metal songs that has an extra dimension to it- that of musical ( not lyrical) drama- or opera if you will. The song also is thick with atmosphere; well i could go on, but why bore everyone with my opinions- Id rather hear yours.

I love the Choas Path!

Trouble is, for dynamics - you've got all those huge tracks that get done and change style, timing and feel like 8 times throughout the song.

The Odyssey -by- Symphony X fex.

I'm sure there are a lot of others though.

I agree, I love it, it's incredible. I've rated it as one of the best songs of all time from the first time I heard it. I also recommended it to Anonymousnick when he was trying to impress his music teacher with some metal, but 'twas in vein. But oh well =)

here' will be an interesting answer but I'd have to say that
Neurosis's "Raze the Stray" off Enemy of the Sun is pretty freaking dynamic. Just how it goes up and down in the beginning, and changes tempo.....plus the song is really intense....

But there are a few Emperor songs like that, and a Devin Townsend song or two I like that does that as well....

Here a few, both old and new:

Opeth - The Night and the Silent Water
Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera
Dream Theater - Dance of Eternity
(to a lesser degree)
Helloween - Halloween

Old skool rock/prog:

Pink Floyd - Echoes
Yes - Starship Troopers
Rush - La Villa Strangiato

Cool thread!

First thing that came to mind was Burzum-Det Some Engang En Var

The intro is phenominal, the softer moments are so perfectly timed. The experts at this are Neurosis, they seem to know exactly when to turn up the pressure and when to lighten up in an order that helps open passages within the mind...