The Movie Thread

First of all i'de like you warmly welcome you brother Tye:wave: .

I will agree with you on mercy...i like it 10 times more when i listen it from OL...the miracle band...:worship:

I've heard about the spanish original edition of "Vanilla Sky"...your request is my hope of watching the spanish version but i also can't find that movie anywhere...hope i'll have my chance cause many people told me that the spanish version is better than the US one... ;) :)

Derya the Angel said:
Here's my favourite movies list, i will make some additions when the others will come to my mind.

1- Fight Club:worship:
2- Lord of the Rings (whole series)
3- American History X
4- Tesis ( a spanish horror movie of Amenabar, it's a masterpiece)
5- A requeim for a dream
6- Darkness
7- Big Lebowski
8- Reservoir Dogs
9-Dogville
10- Amelie
11- Clockwork Orange
12- Lost Highway

Sister Derya, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, movies are golden choice for me too!!!:worship:
Well done, you've got a good taste in movies...i would be grateful if you could give me some details on 4, 9, and 12 cause i hardly recall or happen to know these movies...thank you!!! :)

Welcome Tye !:wave:
We 'll watch for sure "Vanilla Sky" Spanish version...But in the town we live the video-dvd clubs haven't it :erk: We'll search for the movie in the net to download it or in other town's video-dvd clubs :)

OrphanedAngel said:
Welcome Tye !:wave:
We 'll watch for sure "Vanilla Sky" Spanish version...But in the town we live the video-dvd clubs haven't it :erk: We'll search for the movie in the net to download it or in other town's video-dvd clubs :)

Thank you to everyone for the welcomes. I apreciate it.

I was just looking out for the well being of fellow Orphaned Land fans! I remember a few years ago seeing the U.S. version of the Ring before the Japanese version and while I liked both I wish I seen the original first.

As lots of people on this message board are from different countries it would be great if everyone could recommend a movie from their country. I am passionate about foreign movies as they show a 'different way of life' than what I am used to (I especially like horror movies but anything with a good story would be great).

As I am from Ireland I reccommend an old movie that is based in Ireland called 'The Crying Game'

Emir Kusturica - Underground ... A yugoslavian movie is the best one i ever seen :)

and from my country.. turkey.. hmms i can say that i like the movie Ugur Yucel's and Sener Sen's "Eskiya" and Cem Yilmaz's "Her Sey Guzel Olacak" most.

http://www.tulumba.com/icy_itemdesc.asp?ic=VI269850DV537
http://www.tulumba.com/icy_itemdesc.asp?ic=VI280040GB414

and i can say that "Balalayka" which is about russian women in turkey is good enough to watch too
http://www.tulumba.com/icy_itemdesc.asp?ic=VI280091JD575

tonite, i will begin to download "the crying game" via overnet :)

another movie from estonia that took 1st place in moskow movie fest this year:
http://www.sigaderevolutsioon.ee/

and another estonian movie "Somnambulance" which is about a father who works in a lighthouse & his dougther. a good movie to watch if u wanna be depressed :)

Thanks for your suggestions. I will be sure to look these movies up. I must warn you that 'The Crying Game' is good but it is not great. Its about an Irish terrorist that has a British soldier hostage but later becomes friends with him...

We haven't lot of movies that are known outside the country.
One Greek Movie That Comes In My Mind Now Is "The Beekeeper " (1986) By Theodoros Aggelopoulos.

Tye said:
Hi everybody, I'm new to this thread and the band but I think that Orphaned Land are excellent! I think that their version of 'Mercy' is much better than the Paradise Lost original. I think this is the perfect way to cover a song - by adding your own sound/influence to it.

Now I am going to do everyone a favour by requesting that you do not see 'Vanilla Sky' - as least do not watch it yet. See the original Spanish version of the movie (Abre los ojos (1997) aka "Open Your Eyes") first. I challenge anyone to tell me that the US remake is better than the Spanish original.

Hi Tye! welcome in! and yes! i totally agree with u about the original Spanish version "Abre Los Ohos" it's much better than the classical "hollywoody" version.
BTW,in both of them Penelope Cruz acts the same role!

Dreamcell said:
Sister Derya, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, movies are golden choice for me too!!!:worship:
Well done, you've got a good taste in movies...i would be grateful if you could give me some details on 4, 9, and 12 cause i hardly recall or happen to know these movies...thank you!!! :)

Thanx bro Chris, im working for your appreciation:D
well, " tesis" is one of the greatest Spanish movie i've ever seen which is directed by Alejandro Amenabar. He also directed the hollywood movie "The Others(with nicole kidman) and "Talk to her"(this is another fave. movie of me:))

Dogville is a movie of Gus Van Sant, it's some kind of tragic movie and most of the people didnt like the movie because they were expecting the classical rules of a movie.

and "lost highway" is one of the masterpiece of the great director David Lynch, actally it's very strange and comlicated movie, it's natural not to understand the whole story when you watch it first time:)

well Chris my bro, i hope i enlighten you, for other questions, i'll be here.:D :D :wave: :loco: :Smokin: :Spin: :kickass:

The Eye is a great movie Derya! Did you know that Steven Speilberg is remaking it? Why does Hollywood not have any good ideas of its own these days?

I noticed that you liked Requiem for a Dream. That movie was weird and shocking. I guess it put a lot of people off drugs.

Has anyone seen Battle Royale? I cannot wait for the 2nd one to arrive in Ireland. I hope its good!

Derya: Thank you very much for the information sister!!! Sound like some good movies to see, i'll have my eyes open and searching...!!!

I agree that "The Ring" sure is a great movie..."Battle Royal" has a strange feeling too. A good idea that is given in the right way on script...

Zombie Flesh Eaters
Amalie
City of Lost Children
The Others
all Vincent Price movies!
Isle of the Dead - Boris Karloff as a Greek Army Commander!
Open Your Eyes
Battle Royale
Dark Water
The Audition - very creepy
Delicatessen
City of God
Der Golem

Yojimbo - The best samurai movie of all time

Throne of Blood - The best adaption of McBeth ever commited to cinema. Much better than those dodgy Hollywood versions of Shakespear

All about my mother - a different movie...