The Movie Thread

Cypher, Seven, The Others are amazingly good movies!!!:kickass:

"Paycheck" starring Ben Affleck
"Phonebooth" starring Collin Farrell
"Troy" starring Brad Pitt
are some great movies to join the list of this thread...check them out!!! :)

I just seen 'The Others' last night and it was pretty good. I figured out what was happening half way through - i'm a veteran horror fan :)

Recent picks:

Antropophagus (aka Grim Reaper) Cannibal running loose on a Greek island

Beyond the Door II - in the style of Amityville and The Excorist, one of Mario Bava's finest and probably one of the best of its style.

The Mutant (aka Night Shadows) Another zombie movie but this one is pretty good. Not a classic but worth watching

IOfTheStorm said:
You like Lucio Fulci's movies ?

He did Zombie Flesh Eaters (zombi 2 I think its otherwise known as)? Then yes I do like Lucio! Not the best story lines but still good entertainment. Mario Bava, Dario Argento etc are also great.

"Hero" is an amazing movie:hotjump:...the best photography i've ever seen in a movie:OMG:...great script...full of japanese ancient culture and wisdom...!!!:Spin:

"Hero" is really an amazing movie, the colours are so beautyful. But I think it's actually an Chinese movie about Chinese history.

"Hero" rules, but but ... "COUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON" is A LOT BETTER. Take the beauty of "Hero" and add a better scenario/performances and you have "Couching Tiger .." - one of my fav movies.

Although I liked "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", I think it's by far not as beautyful as "Hero", where the colours have a great part in telling the story. The beauty of the picture is just breath-taking. :Spin:

poolvärd said:
"Hero" is really an amazing movie, the colours are so beautyful. But I think it's actually an Chinese movie about Chinese history.

oooopsss!!!:tickled: my mistake here...i'd suppose to write Chinise, thanks brother for covering me up... :)

Today I watched Hable con Ella (Talk to her)
It contains such intense beauty and -at the same time- misery that it made me shed tears like that Marco guy in the movie.
All the songs, dance and theatrical scenes are especially very esthetic.
Also it reminded me one more time that how beautiful a language Spanish is.

I've also been hearing about the Japanese movie "Dolls" from so many people but couldn't get to watch it yet. Any thoughts about this movie?

I would like to say that 'About Schmit' is the worst movie I have ever seen. It was so depressing that I wanted to kill myself in the cinema. It was so long and even extremely boring in places(maybe thats why they had Kathy Bates naked at one point, to keep people awake).

I wanted my money back, I wanted my life back.

I haven't seen "Talk to her" and "Dolls" to state my opinion...but i've seen "All about my mother" and didn't like it so much...i like very much the Spanish language but i didn't like the script...not for my taste, sorry. :)
I haven't seen "About schmit" also but from your saying i'm not sure that i want to see it...what's involved with?

I've also been hearing about the Japanese movie "Dolls" from so many people but couldn't get to watch it yet. Any thoughts about this movie?
It is a great film, kinda painful. Three stories of dissapointment and love. A good challenge for your feelings, and very beautiful sequences. See it, and then see Kitano's BEST movie : Fireworks (a.k.a. Hana-bi)
"About Schmidt" rocks