The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Samael - Black Trip (2dvd). Amazing DVD's, together with their Wacken Open Air 07' show are among the best metal performances I've seen.

I'm thinking on to get the Decade In Hell boxset, plus the new Lux Mundi once it's released.

@Novembers: how is the new Kampfar? I've heard just 1 song!! Kampfar is among my fav black metal bands ever and I can't wait anymore!

Btw, Burzum's Fallen is incredible. This year will be great on the black metal dept.

Hardly even gotten to Kampfar. This month is insane. :headbang:

To give you an idea, I've got Septic Flesh, Anaal Nathrakh, Samael and Blut Aus Nord and I've never even listened to one of them. :worship:

Alcest - Le Secret (2005)

alcest+-+le+secret.jpg

:worship:

Hardly even gotten to Kampfar. This month is insane. :headbang:

To give you an idea, I've got Septic Flesh, Anaal Nathrakh, Samael and Blut Aus Nord and I've never even listened to one of them. :worship:

Augh new Samael, can't wait!!!

Myabe you should work full time on the web-page haha.

this guy is insane!! :guh:

Paul unleashes his most powerful work to date. Bringing his futuristic metal style to the fore, ‘Assimilate Regenerate’ is sure to impress any fan of metal guitar legends like Jeff Loomis & John Petrucci, with it’s mechanical metal grooves, soaring melodies and complex otherworldly solos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lumsk // Åsmund Frægdegjevar — I dunno why I never checked this band out before. This record is beautiful. I am definitely pleased, since I got it for 5 dollars over at Dread Records distro. Three 5 dollar CDs plus shipping (not overpriced, exactly what was charged), cost less than what I ended up paying to pre-order Vintersorg's new CD.

Yeah, Åsmund is a great record. Sadly it all went downhill from there on out... Troll has some highlights but took a long time to get into. Det Vilde Kor (the wild choir); don't be fooled by the title, this is possibly the biggest sleeping pill in my entire collection!
There's a Danish up-and-coming act called Huldre, who's style is very reminiscent of Åsmund which I would like to recommend. There are a couple of live-reviews of them at our site.

Det Vilde Kor (the wild choir); don't be fooled by the title, this is possibly the biggest sleeping pill in my entire collection!
The first 3 tracks are awesome, especially Om hundrede aar er alting glemt. Then it goes a bit too classical-folky-sophistication tralallalala... A long time since I've listened to the earlier albums...

Solefald - Waves Over Vallhalla (An Icelandic Odyssey Part 3)

I recently finished reading Gudenes Fall by Jakhelln, it's great to hear this song again and get the context of the lyrics.