The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Why does everyone like that cover so much? I think it's heinously boring and it points out how incredibly dependent on Serj SoaD is for makign their music interesting.

Well..soad is nice, aerials is nice..aa is nice..johan is nice..johan covering aerials from soad is nice³.

I liked because aerials is a heavy music..with the chords in the end and all this stuff, and aa makes the song even heavier than before..i liked the improvisation too, the final part when they play with the 'amon amarth style' picking the notes very fast, its a creative cover imo :headbang:

Sigurðr;9714019 said:
Well..soad is nice, aerials is nice..aa is nice..johan is nice..johan covering aerials from soad is nice³.

I liked because aerials is a heavy music..with the chords in the end and all this stuff, and aa makes the song even heavier than before..i liked the improvisation too, the final part when they play with the 'amon amarth style' picking the notes very fast, its a creative cover imo :headbang:

:lol: loved that explanation.

Meh. I thought it was boring, because while I like SoaD and I like Aerials and I like Amon Amarth, I think that Aerials without Serj's amazing vocals is fucking booooooring.

NP: My guitar exercises. :D

I admit I only posted it at the beginning of the song, as I usually do; the cover sucks, big time.

Yeah, Åsmund is a great record. Sadly it all went downhill from there on out... Troll has some highlights but took a long time to get into. Det Vilde Kor (the wild choir); don't be fooled by the title, this is possibly the biggest sleeping pill in my entire collection!
There's a Danish up-and-coming act called Huldre, who's style is very reminiscent of Åsmund which I would like to recommend. There are a couple of live-reviews of them at our site.

Hi, I'm new to this Forum. Glad you liked the Åsmund cd. I'm proud to say I played guitar and made most of the songs on Åsmund. Quit after Åsmund.

I recently recorded 2 new songs I'd like you to hear, featuring Espen Godø keyboards from Lumsk and others. The lyrics is by the Norwegian legend and master thief Gjest Baardsen. Music written by me.

Check it out! http://www.myspace.com/bselsbak

I would love to know what old Lumsk fans think of it!

Bjørnar

mercenary-metamorphosis.jpg

Yup, it is a pretty damn good album. They have the whole album up Here, so you can check it out.

Already downloaded it, will listen to it now.

EDIT:

Holy, that certainly is the worst Melo Death I've heard in a long time, PLEASE, OH PLEASE give me back the time I lost listening to those two "songs" and complaining about them.

I'll go listen to real music now, thank you.

Dark Tranquillity: Final Resistance

28730256.jpg

Cast down the hopes and aspirations
Shut the windows tight
Everybody said No
Reset your fears and good intentions
Barred up for life
Everybody said No NO NO!!!!

This is the final resistance!

^ Awesome song, both times I saw DT they used it as closer. Do they still do that? Last time I saw them was like 6 years ago.

np:
Ulver - Plates 16 - 17
Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell (1998)

^ Awesome song, both times I saw DT they used it as closer. Do they still do that? Last time I saw them was like 6 years ago.

np:
Ulver - Plates 16 - 17
Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell (1998)

No, they used "Terminus" now. Haven't you seen their "new" live album o_O ?

William Blake :kickass:

NP:

Dark Tranquillity: White Noise/Black Silence

np: you know what :D :p
Really impressive so far, the sound isn't as raw as that Myspace sample made me think it would be.

Those 4 long years since Solens Rotter were well worth the wait. Thank you, Mr. V. !!!

No, they used "Terminus" now. Haven't you seen their "new" live album o_O ?

nah, I kinda stopped listening to that band after being hugely disappointed by Fiction. Their work from 1999-2005 is awesome though.