The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

^ Holy. Crap. That's Anneke? She really can't find an image, huh? :p I thought the one of 'Pure Air' was excellent. I hate how she looks on that cover. EDIT: Even more after seeing some live pictures, she's as pretty as ever, except in that cover hehe.

I'm listening to the samples on her web-page, very interesting, and very The Cranberries at a lot of times.

i'm just seeing the new video from the group of some friends on mine.
really well realised for a minor band....
so....in the meanwhile i also do some promotion here :lol:

ps: i don't know if the video is ok, today i'm having some problems with the visualization of youtube vids :erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's quite strange 'cause i'm not a big power metal listener, but i love this band! i think what it makes them different from the big amount of useless castrato power metal bands is the singer's voice, which is awesomness made music.
I agree with you, but I would like to say that Stefan Weinerhall's guitar playing is an essential part of the band! So melodic and yet very complex and innovative. Mathias & Stefan = excellence. I've loved them since the first album( only with Mathias of course). Actually Mathias is a very non-metal guy, he works in theater and has a classical/opera background( and wears fine shirts at gigs) so I think that helps with not being pretentious and fitting into metaaaal stereotypes. Saw them at Wacken 2002 and Sweden rock 2007. :headbang:

Djöfull;8748728 said:
I agree with you, but I would like to say that Stefan Weinerhall's guitar playing is an essential part of the band! So melodic and yet very complex and innovative. Mathias & Stefan = excellence. I've loved them since the first album( only with Mathias of course). Actually Mathias is a very non-metal guy, he works in theater and has a classical/opera background( and wears fine shirts at gigs) so I think that helps with not being pretentious and fitting into metaaaal stereotypes. Saw them at Wacken 2002 and Sweden rock 2007. :headbang:

yeah i get what you say. i love stefan's guitar work too!
and i love their medieval folkish sound. i know that i'm saying something really strong but for me they are the only possible heirs to blind guardian, searching between actual power metal bands.
i know he is into musicals and theater. i've found this lovely video on youtube, it's a video about lerbäck theater where he actually works.
i've done this research 'cause i was really curious to see him on stage, and above all, to listen to him singing something non-metal.
this is a video about the cronicles of narnia (i suppose it's a musical), they are just some photos put together, in one of those you can see also mathias (herr tumulus, the faun, very hilarious :lol:)
when i've seen it the first time i recognised his lovely voice from the first note of the song :)

now...i'm totally addicted to this song. i cannot stop listening to it! it has become a torment.
it is a traditional swedish folk song, from what i know....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny you should mention that song... actually it's an icelandic song from a poet from the 19th century. Translated into swedish.. It's called Á Sprengisandi
http://www.islandssidan.se/islandshastensbas/ridums.htm

Kids learn this song in school... (at least I did). There is mention of some geographical locations in the highlands like Herðubreið, that was voted as the queen of icelandic mountains a few years ago.
The song sounds a bit weird to me in a swedish powermetal version.. hehe

ahahha how weird to me to listen to the original icelandic version :lol:

but...what exactly ridum means?

i don't know the meaning of the swedish word ridom, i think it's "rid om" but i'm not sure. i suppose it comes from this verse "rid, ja rid om livet är dig kärt"
"ride, yes ride if life is dear to you"

192270.jpg

Professor Fate is Mick Kenney’s (Anaal Nathrakh/Exploder/Mistress) solo project that produces cinematic style music.

It is a form of epic classical that fuses intertwined drumbeats with orchestral rock and electronic sounds. The music screams “soundtrack” in its every audible moment, with grand, sweeping soundscapes that inspire cinematic imagery even in the dark. The inferno presents you with a powerfully potent journey through the caverns of the underworld, Inspired by Dante Alighieri’s book, ‘The Divine Comedy’.
Amazing stuff!! Reminds me of Arcturus, Ulver, and what not... Garm did guest vocals on the second track Limbo, which was reason enough for me to check this out :oops:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYb5QhsjZao&NR=1[/ame]

Djöfull;8751724 said:
Ríðum: Let's ride or we ride. The poem tells about farmers on horseback gathering sheep from the unhospitable highlands.
But the same verb( ríða) can also mean to fuck. :p

Most words in the Scandinavian languages can mean "to fuck". :lol:

Most words in the Scandinavian languages can mean "to fuck". :lol:

i think everywhere works like that.
we have so many weird ways to say "to fuck"
calvalcare "to ride" is one, as in icelandic.
but we have also: scopare (to sweep) trombare (no translation exists, it is like "to trumpet" :lol:), fottere (to fuck), chiavare (also here no logic translation, more or less should sound like "to key") and many others :p

hehehe i thought you might like it ;) i was quite surprised myself :kickass:

Elvina, thank you.

Professor Fate: Limbo (Featuring Kris G. Rygg)

Simply amazing, I love this guy. Not only does Mr Rygg sing a lot better than (IMO) in Ulver, but the whole album in general is brilliant. It isn't really Avant-Garde, it is at times, but I think the genre 'Symphonic Avant-Garde Darkwave' is more accurate :p .

:kickass:

Depeche Mode: Walking in My Shoes

I would tell you about the things
They put me through.
The pain I've been subjected to.
But the Lord himself would blush.
The countless feasts laid at my feet,
Forbidden fruits for me to eat.
But I think your pulse would start to rush.

Now I'm not looking for absolution,
Forgiveness for the things I do.
But before you come to any conclusions -
Try walking in my shoes,
Try walking in my shoes

You'll stumble in my footsteps,
Keep the same appointments I kept.
If you try walking in my shoes.

Morality would frown upon,
Decency look down upon.
The scapegoat fate's made of me.
But I promise now, my judge and jurors,
My intentions couldn't have been purer.
My case is easy to see.

I'm not looking for a clearer conscience,
Peace of mind after what I've been through.
And before we talk of any repentance -
Try walking in my shoes.
Try walking in my shoes.

You'll stumble in my footsteps,
Keep the same appointments I kept.
Try walking in my shoes.

Now I'm not looking for absolution,
Forgiveness for the things I do.
But before you come to any conclusions -
Try walking in my shoes.