The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

really?
the majority of punks in italy is of extreme left, or just anarchic!
never heard of a nazi punk here :lol:

Yeah, Nazi punks are quite rare IMO; it's definitely more of skinhead/hardcore thing. Hehe just watch American History X and you'll get it. I always laugh a lot when the guy returns and there's a grind/hardcore band playing :lol: .

i'm not informed about sweden's last century's history, but why should they fear to be proud of their country?
did something really big happened? something polic? or is it all connected with the german matter?
sorry about my ignorance but i hate modern history :lol:

it was quite impressive when i went to germany to see the nazi ideas still so radicated. i remember to be stuck between two manifestations, one of extreme right and one of extreme left, and the german guys who were with us brought us away saying it was dangerous.
and i remember the german teacher speaking with our teacher about the fact that Weimar was elected as the city of european culture that year, and it was a shame for him because it is a city were the nazism is still so radicated and strong.

Maybe they're still sad because they lost Norway? :p

Yes, there're still some Nazis in Germany, I wouldn't say many, but there're still some. IMO these are either kids with an incorrect sense of patriotism, and/or kids whose parents were Nazis. so they have the same values at home. Those people are really ignorant, and don't have a very 'diverse' world view.

check out Pensées Nocturnes - Grotesque
can't say i dig it: too avant-garde for my taste... maybe you'll like it?

edit: listening to it right now... damn, it's pretty impressive even though it's tough to digest... :eek:

Sounds great, I'll check them out! :kickass:

Kreator - Voices of the Dead

Oh yes, "skins" were everywhere in the punk scene. They even had all sorts of different non-racist skins who only specifically hated gay people or people who did drugs (not making this up).

That's why the Dead Kennedys have a song called Nazi Punks Fuck Off. =)

It's not just a hardcore thing. Oi! punk bands always claimed to not be racist, but there were a lot of kids who listened to Oi! who were neo-Nazis, skinheads, whatever you want to call them.

Besides Diablo Swing Orchestra, Solefald and (in some extent) Vintersorg/Borknagar, I haven't heard nothing really new and outstanding on avantgarde. Can someone recommend something?
Ok so they're not exactly new, and it's obvious non of them are traditional avantgarde metal (à la Solefald's The Linear Scaffold or Neonism), but I thought I'd just post them anyway, as avantgarde fans might be interested in trying these. One thing's for sure, each one of the mentioned titles are among my all time favorite albums.

Dodheimsgard - 666 International (1999); avantgarde blackmetal at its very best

The Kovenant - Animatronic (1999) / SETI (2003); would be surprised if you hadn't heard these before.

Manes - Vilosophe (2003) / [view] EP (2006) / How The World Came To An End (2007); also among Norway's finest and weirdest.

Red Harvest - HyBreed (1996); definitely not like their newer, post-y2k industrial metal albums. The atmosphere on this album is alien/tribal/arcane/mystical at the same time.

Sanctum - Lupus In Fabula (1996); a lost gem from the mid-nineties from this Swedish band, it was released on Cold Meat Industry.

check out Pensées Nocturnes - Grotesque
can't say i dig it: too avant-garde for my taste... maybe you'll like it?

edit: listening to it right now... damn, it's pretty impressive even though it's tough to digest... :eek:

Quite interesting, thanx a lot!!.

Ok so they're not exactly new, and it's obvious non of them are traditional avantgarde metal (à la Solefald's The Linear Scaffold or Neonism), but I thought I'd just post them anyway, as avantgarde fans might be interested in trying these. One thing's for sure, each one of the mentioned titles are among my all time favorite albums.

Dodheimsgard - 666 International (1999); avantgarde blackmetal at its very best

The Kovenant - Animatronic (1999) / SETI (2003); would be surprised if you hadn't heard these before.

Manes - Vilosophe (2003) / [view] EP (2006) / How The World Came To An End (2007); also among Norway's finest and weirdest.

Red Harvest - HyBreed (1996); definitely not like their newer, post-y2k industrial metal albums. The atmosphere on this album is alien/tribal/arcane/mystical at the same time.

Sanctum - Lupus In Fabula (1996); a lost gem from the mid-nineties from this Swedish band, it was released on Cold Meat Industry.

I know all of them excepting that Sanctum album that I'll check out. I'm quite surprised that you like and actually recommend The Kovenant - almost any metalhead hates it (I'm not exactly a 'metalhead', as I hear too many non-metal artists to be called like that, maybe you neither). I love it - still Nexus is unrivaled and FAR superior than those 2 - but I see and hear beyond and I think those albums are well written and insanely catchy.

I hope someone records their show this year where they will play the whole Nexus Polaris stuff with their former line-up.

Thanx a lot ^^

@Defiance: I will check the Unexpect album, I hope they have improved the songwriting, they have potential.

I dunno if someone likes/knows Angst Skvadron or Angizia for instance. Also I should mention Virus, In Tormentata Quiete and Ne Obliviscaris, I'm sure you'll not disappointed - the latter not avantgarde but really hard to tag.

250938.jpg

@Defiance: I will check the Unexpect album, I hope they have improved the songwriting, they have potential.

I dunno if someone likes/knows Angst Skvadron or Angizia for instance. Also I should mention Virus, In Tormentata Quiete and Ne Obliviscaris, I'm sure you'll not disappointed - the latter not avantgarde but really hard to tag.

Well Defiance is the only one who has heard the songs (two) outside the band, so you can't 'check it'. And you have no idea how much they've improved :) .

¡Gracias por las recomendaciones!

NP: Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of OrwarrioR.

This album is extremely addicting and really captures so many musical aspects. Some of the singing melodies and harmonies are seriously unforgettable. Very much enjoyed and appreciated on this end.

NP: Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of OrwarrioR.

This album is extremely addicting and really captures so many musical aspects. Some of the singing melodies and harmonies are seriously unforgettable. Very much enjoyed and appreciated on this end.

:headbang: My favorite record of 2010 so far and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up #1 on my end of year list. Fucking amazing record.

NP: Trident // World Destruction

:headbang: My favorite record of 2010 so far and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up #1 on my end of year list. Fucking amazing record.

I couldn't agree more. This is one of few very powerful records I've listened to in a while. Definitely up there also for my top albums for this year!

NP: Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of OrwarrioR.....again.

i'm not informed about sweden's last century's history, but why should they fear to be proud of their country?
did something really big happened? something polic? or is it all connected with the german matter?
sorry about my ignorance but i hate modern history :lol:

Well, modern history isn't my thing either, I just know a bit since I lived there :p
And to answer the question; no, I don't believe a specific event started this, it was more something small which wasn't dealt with and therefore allowed to grow until it sprang up in many different areas (i.e. music, politics)
One band who really put it on the map so to say, was Ultima Thule. They managed to make it house-broken in a way. Sweden has always been pretty open-minded about metal and hard rock, and they made a big impact both on the scene and in general when they first came out with some very catchy material. Sad to admit even I liked some of their stuff, but it wasn't until later I found out what their beliefs were...

NP: Skyclad // The One Piece Puzzle
I'm absolutely psyched about them coming to Sweden Rock Festival!!!

Well, modern history isn't my thing either, I just know a bit since I lived there :p
And to answer the question; no, I don't believe a specific event started this, it was more something small which wasn't dealt with and therefore allowed to grow until it sprang up in many different areas (i.e. music, politics)
One band who really put it on the map so to say, was Ultima Thule. They managed to make it house-broken in a way. Sweden has always been pretty open-minded about metal and hard rock, and they made a big impact both on the scene and in general when they first came out with some very catchy material. Sad to admit even I liked some of their stuff, but it wasn't until later I found out what their beliefs were...

NP: Skyclad // The One Piece Puzzle
I'm absolutely psyched about them coming to Sweden Rock Festival!!!

You guys are actually wandering near some of my academic interests here. Though, I've gotta say that I think it probably has a lot to do with Social Democratic Sweden post-WWII. To have a full blown discussion about it would probably require its own thread.. ;)

Not listening ot anything, just taking a break from Dragon Age: Awakening.

Solefald: Lokasenna Part 2

I seriously cannot understand how I did not absolutely love this album from the start. Rediscovering new Solefald? Why, yes! :)

i was listening to both red for fire and black for death yesterday!!!!! :headbang:

If I'm not wrong, you did a review for it and gave it a very low score (for Solefald standards), right?. The Icelandic saga is my fav Solefald work to date. Everything is so well done!

Vintersorg - Universums Dunkla Alfabet. I love this album, one of my favs progressive albums ever (the acoustic guitars at 3:24 are simply beautiful and Andreas sounds incredible, incredible).

I would love to hear Asgeir and Steve on Vintersorg once again.

If I'm not wrong, you did a review for it and gave it a very low score (for Solefald standards), right?. The Icelandic saga is my fav Solefald work to date. Everything is so well done!

Vintersorg - Universums Dunkla Alfabet. I love this album, one of my favs progressive albums ever (the acoustic guitars at 3:24 are simply beautiful and Andreas sounds incredible, incredible).

Hear, hear.

NP: Poisonblack // Of Rust and Bones — Wow, this is really, really, really, really boring. o_O

i was listening to both red for fire and black for death yesterday!!!!! :headbang:

:headbang:

I thought no one would remember :ill: , but yeah I gave it a 75 or something. Then again, at that moment I thought it was Solefald's worst, now I love it :) . One's musical preferences are always in constant change (at least mine). If I were to review it I'd give it a 96 (A+) :) :kickass: . I actually prefer it now over Red for Fire hehe.

Hear, hear.

NP: Poisonblack // Of Rust and Bones — Wow, this is really, really, really, really boring. o_O

You have to review it?

@Necro: yeah. Asgeir did a great job on Ihsahn's After, but I haven't heard nothing really outstanding from Steve in long time. Quo Vadis' Defiant Imagination and The Focusing Blur are his last best works IMO. Futures End and Faust were ok on bass, but nothing as complex and beautiful as Visions and TFB. Am I missing something? I hope Steve does a really good job on the 2nd Control Denied album that will be released this year (according to an interview).

Vintersorg - Naturens Mystär. Beautiful, folky and epic track.