The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

How is it? I can not wait to hear that album. I loved Darkness Walks Beside Me.

Yeah, it sounds pretty good thus far. I'm a huge fan of Darkness Walked Beside Me, too, so I'm glad these guy saw it in their hearts to hook me up with promo. It's a double disc, which I didn't realize. And double discs often don't live up to their mass.. Plus, it'll be hard to live up to DWBM.

DarkTheSuns-AllEndsInSilence.jpg

I fall in love with this album more and more every time I listen to it.

Indeed, very powerful music. Great live band too, I saw them last year with Neurosis. The singer is kind of a weirdo though, he has this strange habit to always stand with his back toward the audience. And just like Neurosis, they don't speak to the audience at all (not even a "thank you, goodbye" at the end of the show).
Shows once again what kind of an influential band they are, and how fanboys like me like to brag about that fact. Think I'll put up one of their albums right now just to hear again how awesome they are :)

Neurosis - Burn
The Eye Of Every Storm (2004)

Maybe danish people don't feel viking at all.

np: Vulture Industries - Soulcage. It's funny how this guys praise Arcturus and the singer tries too hard to sound like Garm, but still the song is good.

Besides Diablo Swing Orchestra, Solefald and (in some extent) Vintersorg/Borknagar, I haven't heard nothing really new and outstanding on avantgarde. Can someone recommend something?

edit: how is the last Sigh album?

Right, but historically it was the Danes who were Vikings, that's the point.

i've noticed it too, but at first i tought it was my ignorance's fault....
svartsot are nice, i've seen them about 2 years ago...

maybe the danes feel more european than swedes or norwegians, being them more in contact with the continent due to their geografic position... do they have been more influenced by the continental culture?
just a supposition...
i went to danmark years ago, and the family were i was accomodated they made me visit the old viking camp, so somewhere deep in their souls, they must know and feel their viking-ness :lol: