The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

The Future Sound of London - Herd Killing
Dead Cities (1996)

I'm getting really tired of metal these days. Actually for several years come to think of it. Been listening to a lot of 90's electronic music from the UK lately, such as Autechre, Scorn, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Leftfield and FSOL. This is one of my favorite albums.

Týr // By the Light of the Northern Star :headbang:

suddenly i found myself liking this album! o_O Qu Appelle was right! i didn't expect i would like it... didn't listen to it for a couple of months now, and thought i would give it another chance... and here you go => ♥ :D
thank Northern gods some vocals don't change, just get better with age like good wine... Turið Torkilsdóttir is absolutely awesome!! :worship:

The Future Sound of London - Herd Killing
Dead Cities (1996)

I'm getting really tired of metal these days. Actually for several years come to think of it. Been listening to a lot of 90's electronic music from the UK lately, such as Autechre, Scorn, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Leftfield and FSOL. This is one of my favorite albums.

Yeah it happens to everyone I guess, I've spent months without listening to any metal whatsoever, with the occasional exception of Dark Tranquillity. Do you like Laibach or VNV Nation?

I'll check out those bands, thanks for the tips! :kickass:

Rhapsody: Rain of a Thousand Flames

:headbang:

Týr // By the Light of the Northern Star :headbang:

suddenly i found myself liking this album! o_O Qu Appelle was right! i didn't expect i would like it... didn't listen to it for a couple of months now, and thought i would give it another chance... and here you go => ♥ :D
thank Northern gods some vocals don't change, just get better with age like good wine... Turið Torkilsdóttir is absolutely awesome!! :worship:

so...i should try it again too....
first listenings weren't so exciting :erk:

so...i should try it again too....
first listenings weren't so exciting :erk:
i hated it when it first came out!! (even more than Universal, because i don't hate that one) :erk: it was lying around for at least 6 months here before i gave it the second chance (few months ago). It got a bit better, but not much. Now, more than 9 months later after the actual release, i gave it a third chance, and i finally dig it! :headbang: don't ask me why, maybe i'm just in my Heri mood :lol::loco:

Atari Teenage Riot - Start The Riot
Delete Yourself! (1995)

Can't wait for them to start the riot on May 3 :oops:

Yeah it happens to everyone I guess, I've spent months without listening to any metal whatsoever, with the occasional exception of Dark Tranquillity. Do you like Laibach or VNV Nation?

I'll check out those bands, thanks for the tips!

Don't know Laibach, but yeah I've even seen VNV Nation live on a free one-day festival in the summer of 2008.

i hated it when it first came out!! (even more than Universal, because i don't hate that one) :erk: it was lying around for at least 6 months here before i gave it the second chance (few months ago). It got a bit better, but not much. Now, more than 9 months later after the actual release, i gave it a third chance, and i finally dig it! :headbang: don't ask me why, maybe i'm just in my Heri mood :lol::loco:

I was totally unimpressed with that record. Honestly I'm not a big fan of Týr in general, and don't really understand the hubbub. That said, that's happened to me a few times with records. I think the one that stands out for me is Viva Emptiness by Katatonia. I really, really, really didn't like that album when I first got it. And a few months later I popped it in while I was playing some video games and then I didn't stop listening to it for months.

NP: Kaipa // In the Wake of Evolution

same happened to me with agalloch years ago.
at first i found them really boring and repetitive....waited for about 3 or 4 months and then listened again to them.
and i felt in love, now they are one of my favourite bands, my worship towards them is near to drug-addiction :)

same happened to me with agalloch years ago.
at first i found them really boring and repetitive....waited for about 3 or 4 months and then listened again to them.
and i felt in love, now they are one of my favourite bands, my worship towards them is near to drug-addiction :)

I tried hard to like them, but I feel I've heard everything they've done on Ulver's Bergtatt. The same goes for October Falls (with Bergtatt and Kveldssanger), but at least I'm enjoying their acoustic stuff.

np: Opeth - The Amen Corner. Brutally underrated track. The more I hear Opeth, the more I like Orchid, MAYH and SL, and the more I hate everything since BWP.

I tried hard to like them, but I feel I've heard everything they've done on Ulver's Bergtatt. The same goes for October Falls (with Bergtatt and Kveldssanger), but at least I'm enjoying their acoustic stuff.

np: Opeth - The Amen Corner. Brutally underrated track. The more I hear Opeth, the more I like Orchid, MAYH and SL, and the more I hate everything since BWP.

yes, there's a lot of old ulver in them... but i don't see it as a complete negative thing....i mean....ulver did only 2 albums like this two masterpieces, so when you're tired of listening to those, then you can play agalloch :lol:

but i think they are pretty much more than a mere (does this word exist??) copy of ulver :)

You just made some creep very happy.
sorry i just can't contain myself!!! i only heard a few minutes of it as of now but i already love it to pieces!!! album of the year!!! :worship:notworthy:worship:
do they have a forum too? if they do i'll better sign up right now and continue my raving there :lol:
still playing: Alcest // Écailles de lune ♥♥♥ brilliance!