The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Assembly.jpg

hypocrisy - a taste of extreme divinity
only the second listening but it seems quite solid....and very much hypocrisy! :kickass:

hypocrisy - a taste of extreme divinity
only the second listening but it seems quite solid....and very much hypocrisy! :kickass:

It's really solid, more than Virus.

Np: Arcturus - Evacuation Code Deciphered. Awesome song, specially the end. It really defines for me what the band tried to show with SS.

Np: Arcturus - Evacuation Code Deciphered. Awesome song, specially the end. It really defines for me what the band tried to show with SS.
this song is truly a masterpiece!! :worship:notworthylove the duet with the female singer, the part "you and i are not lost without words / we can live again without rebirth" gives me shivers every time! ♥ it's so heartfelt and full of emotion, and the lyrics are just epic!! :worship:

NP: Augury - Simian Cattle.

I have had the privelage of seeing them twice live. I also got to meet and have a nice talk with the bass player Forest about bass and other things. Pretty chilled dude. One funny point of our conversation: Forest - "Do you do slap bass like Victor Wooten?" Me - "Well, not exactly like him, but I do try." Forest - "You black guys love to slap that bass!" Hahaha! Classic! If you want to hear some phenomenal bass playing and a great band overall, go check them out. Definitely one of my greater highlights in meeting a musical influence .

this song is truly a masterpiece!! :worship:notworthylove the duet with the female singer, the part "you and i are not lost without words / we can live again without rebirth" gives me shivers every time! ♥ it's so heartfelt and full of emotion, and the lyrics are just epic!! :worship:

YES!!! I also live that it and how it merges with Moonshine Delirium! :headbang:

(I can't wait for 2011 :p.)

my fav song of the album. the duet is amazing!!!!!

Opeth - The Throat of Winter

uhm...

i'll have to get back to this tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAWomDPX4og

I like the song but it doesn't fit God of war. Mikael doesn't even use the growling vocals, and the song doesn't get heavy. God of war is about Kratos who murdered his whole family, and now wants to kill the gods so there should be some evil sounding stuff in there. It doesn't match God of war at all.

I like the song but it doesn't fit God of war. Mikael doesn't even use the growling vocals, and the song doesn't get heavy. God of war is about Kratos who murdered his whole family, and now wants to kill the gods so there should be some evil sounding stuff in there. It doesn't match God of war at all.
oh well, i couldn't care less about God of War, but if you say so... maybe the rest of the album does sound heavy enough? dunno, i have only checked out Opeth's contribution.
I do think that Mikael's clean vocals sound just nauseously sugarsweet (= gay) lately... (like Watershed f.ex.) Even George Michael doesn't sound so sugary :rolleyes:

10 minutes of samples from Evig Natt's new album Darkland. This is definitely one of my most anticipated albums of the year, and from these samples it sounds like it not going to disappoint. They sound amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: