The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I never listened to them before, but I just watched the video for the song "Beast Of Blood" on youtube and it was pretty damn sweet. I will have to check out more from them.

Excellent, Malice Mizer is a very eclectic band, their best album is Merveilles. By the by, all of the band members are men. Yes, even this one:

mana141.jpg

She *cof cof* he is still incredibly hot. Wait. She. He. Ahhhhhhhhh! :p

Mana's Goth Metal project Moi Dix Mois is OK, the first two albums are great, the rest is crap.

Közi and Klaha went into some trance/electro stuff that's quite decent (not together).

Gackt is still doing solo albums, but the first ones are the best (Moon and Mars).

And yes, I am such a Malice Mizer fanboy.

Now playing:

Malice Mizer: 聖なる刻 永遠の祈り (Seinaru koku eien no inori)

God this song is so good. R.I.P. Tamara-san, I miss you.

Dråpsnatt // I Denna Skog

oh boy, i so love this band (and they're even from Skellefteå :D)!! ♥ they are fckin brilliant! Must be the first time ever that i got so hooked on a debut release. The second album seems to be even more brilliant! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Rhapsody's Power of the Dragonflame is one of my favorite all time records. Such an amazing album. Turilli's later stuff has gotten pretty sad, though.

YES!!! PDF and Turilli's PLE are two of the best epic-power metal albums that exist. I thought that Rhapsody wouldn't be able to compose something better than SEL, but I think they managed so with PDF. I do like Turilli's latter work, even if it's not as good.

YES!!! PDF and Turilli's PLE are two of the best epic-power metal albums that exist. I thought that Rhapsody wouldn't be able to compose something better than SEL, but I think they managed so with PDF. I do like Turilli's latter work, even if it's not as good.

Yeah, go and read my review of new LT stuff here (http://www.angrymetalguy.com/luca-turilli-the-infinite-wonders-of-creation/). I just think it sucks, frankly. That said, I'm really, really, really, really looking forward to the new Rhapsody album. I've been bugging the promo guy at NB about it, but they've pushed it back AGAIN. :Smug:

Allfader said:
Borknagar - Resonance.

The more I hear the last Borknagar albums, the more I wish they record a new album at Grieghallen.

It's not the studio so much as it is the style of production.

NP: Borknagar - Quintessence

Oh man, those early Ulver records are just fucking phenomenal. It's kinda sad, really, what they became afterwords. Even though I like some of the later material, it just never had the same kind of .. well, *awesome* that those first three records had.

NP: Ulver // Bergtatt

The first two are pretty good, but I'd rather listen to the sound of my fridge than Nattens Madrigal.. :rolleyes: But hey, I'm not a blackmetal fan so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

np: Manes - White Devil Black Shroud
Vilosophe (2003)

My favorite song on this fantastic album. Manes is/was brilliant (I'm not sure whether or not they're still around..), they deserve so much more attention. I really hope they'll release a new album soon.

Opeth - The Throat of Winter

uhm...

i'll have to get back to this tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAWomDPX4og

Oh so prog. :lol:

There are some really great ideas, but the production is a little strange. But this sounds like where Åkerfeldt is at. Fun with production tricks, very weird 70s prog kinda production and stuff.

Immolation // Majesty & Decay

Oh so prog. :lol:

There are some really great ideas, but the production is a little strange. But this sounds like where Åkerfeldt is at. Fun with production tricks, very weird 70s prog kinda production and stuff.
dunno what to think of it. I think it's ok. Interesting indeed. But... weird.
Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Song is very odd, it's good I think, or for my taste it is, but even I can understand it's very....odd! Produced and recorded it from scratch and I'm happy with the sound if I may say so myself. Fred laid down a killer acoustic solo and Per laid down an amazing twiddly tweet moog solo. It's not a very metal song, I'm saving up for that..later.....yet it's got a metal "mentality", or what I remember metal used to do to me. I can feel it, even though it's not a "metal" song per definition. Anyways, if you hear it I hope you like it.
That is indeed one killer guitar solo at the end! :eek: love that part!

Ihsahn - After. Now I think it's incredible.

That Opeth track is really awful :rofl:. The Elvina's quote reminds me when people was bashing Porcelain Heart's drumming and The Lotus Eater, then Mike posted his thoughts and all people changed his mind, praising it.