The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

:lol: so many opinions as there are people :) ok, i'll let you know which one i like most once i've heard them all ;) pffff, and that's a lot to begin with o_O

about Amorphis, i cannot stop listening to From Earth I Rose, like this song has put me under some kind of spell o_O cannot remember the last time i ever played something on repeat... it's sooooo addictive!

I. Fucking. Love. Amorphis.

Seriously, their last three albums have all been magical. They are one of the best fucking bands around right now.

Necrophagist // Epitaph
Borknagar // Universal — Finally, it grows on me. Upped the score on my review.

Dark Tranquility - Undo Control

^^ I personally think Haven is their best. My order would be: Haven > Fiction > Projector > The Gallery > Damage Done > Skydancer > Character > The Mind's I. I haven't got around to listening to the new album yet so I don't know where it stands in the list.

Haven is my second favorite. =) Projector is by far their worst release, imo. Even though that's why iTunes decided to throw on right now...

Borknagar - Coalition of the Elements - very good song. I like it over Abrasion Tide, Fleshflower and Stir of Seasons. I don't get why it's a bonus track.

whoa, Kalmah, that brings back a lot of memories. Used to be a big fan some 4-5 years ago, before the singer started using death metal growls. Kinda lost interest after that album album got released with the old dude on the black/white cover. I think I still have their first three albums around somewhere.

np: Autechre - Montreal
Amber (1994)

Awesome tune, I really hope they'll play this when I'm gonna see them live next month! Although I've been told that these days they usually jam improvised sets based on new material.

whoa, Kalmah, that brings back a lot of memories. Used to be a big fan some 4-5 years ago, before the singer started using death metal growls. Kinda lost interest after that album album got released with the old dude on the black/white cover. I think I still have their first three albums around somewhere.

np: Autechre - Montreal
Amber (1994)

Awesome tune, I really hope they'll play this when I'm gonna see them live next month! Although I've been told that these days they usually jam improvised sets based on new material.

Kind of reminds me of me listening to C.O.B. :p . Ahhh I haven't listend to C.O.B. in a loooooooooooooooong time, years, I'm sure. I'll play Hatrebreeder today :headbang: .

Haha.. Listening to Hatebreeder now! Good idea! Last good record of theirs IMHO.

Hehe yeah. But seriously, you don't like Follow the Reaper or HCD? Even HCD is a pretty good album, lots of industrial elements. IMO that's their last good one.

Arsis: Seven Whispers Fell Silent [2002 Studio]

They're not an excellent band IMO, but they do have some nice melodies, and they were great live.

Hehe yeah. But seriously, you don't like Follow the Reaper or HCD? Even HCD is a pretty good album, lots of industrial elements. IMO that's their last good one.

Arsis: Seven Whispers Fell Silent [2002 Studio]

They're not an excellent band IMO, but they do have some nice melodies, and they were great live.

I never got into it. CoB was one of my gateway bands. If you think about them, even in comparison to old DT or In Flames, they're just not as musically varied and interesting. So I feel like their records get really monotonous after a while. So what happened when I bought Follow the Reaper? I was bored. HCD was just bad. At least with Follow the Reaper the guitars and stuff were still interesting.

Got the new Heidevolk!! :Smokin:

I never got into it. CoB was one of my gateway bands. If you think about them, even in comparison to old DT or In Flames, they're just not as musically varied and interesting. So I feel like their records get really monotonous after a while. So what happened when I bought Follow the Reaper? I was bored. HCD was just bad. At least with Follow the Reaper the guitars and stuff were still interesting.

Got the new Heidevolk!! :Smokin:

Yes!!!! I just heard FTR, and it was total agony. Seriously, I want to pawn the C.D., it was such a slow death to try to finish the entire album. It's incredibly monotonous, with few guitar solos that are worth listening to. The riffs are the same in the entire album, which is somewhat saved by Janne Warman's usually great keyboards.

I'll try listening to Hatebreeder later, I think I'll like it more.

Yes!!!! I just heard FTR, and it was total agony. Seriously, I want to pawn the C.D., it was such a slow death to try to finish the entire album. It's incredibly monotonous, with few guitar solos that are worth listening to. The riffs are the same in the entire album, which is somewhat saved by Janne Warman's usually great keyboards.

I'll try listening to Hatebreeder later, I think I'll like it more.

Yeah Hatebreeder was still fun, but I lost it about 3/4 of the way through. Just like I used to..

NP: Vintersorg // Solens Rötter

Cover.jpg

1 song, 29 minutes, pure awesome.

Yeah Hatebreeder was still fun, but I lost it about 3/4 of the way through. Just like I used to..

NP: Vintersorg // Solens Rötter

Yeah I understand.

Cover.jpg

1 song, 29 minutes, pure awesome.

Oh X Japan, 愛してる!!!!!!! I'm such an X Japan groupie hehe, do you like Malice Mizer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ6x6zsbP1Y

Playing it on fretless. It's INSANE and HARD to play.

Haha only 'Victa' can play that! :lol:

Oh X Japan, 愛してる!!!!!!! I'm such an X Japan groupie hehe, do you like Malice Mizer?

I never listened to them before, but I just watched the video for the song "Beast Of Blood" on youtube and it was pretty damn sweet. I will have to check out more from them.