The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Buena Vista Social Club: De camino a la vereda

Basically one of the best albums I've heard in my life. Recommended, listen to it.

buena-vista-social-club-album-cover.jpg

@ Allfader: They say compai, is that the same in Chile? Because you say '¿cómo estai?', so I wonder if it's the same.

Nox Arcana - Blackthorn Asylum. Just checking to know if I can use it to ambient Trail Of Cthulhu.

@Defiance: Compai it's like our 'Compadre', more on the 'friend'-'dude' sense than the 'co-parent' original meaning. It's also said 'Cumpa, but mainly by delinquents and 'thugs'.

'Como estái' (originally 'como estáis') it's totally unrelated. It means 'how are you'. Here, most people don't pronounce the last 's' on most words, specially on verbs. Also when they talk about someone they usually add 'the' before the name, no matter if they use a nickname or the real name (which it's ridiculous IMO), like : El Juanito está muerto/The john is dead!

Amorphis - Sign

'Como estái' (originally 'como estáis') it's totally unrelated. It means 'how are you'. Here, most people don't pronounce the last 's' on most words, specially on verbs. Also when they talk about someone they usually add 'the' before the name, no matter if they use a nickname or the real name (which it's ridiculous IMO), like : El Juanito está muerto/The john is dead!

They do that in lots of places. Instead of como estas, I like to say "que hay, cabron."

King Diamond - Omens

You must talk just with mexicans. Any non-mexican latino would laugh hard after listen that.

Nah, I'm Puerto Rican. Imagine, instead of the sort of musical Mexican cah-broooooon, the curt PR cabrón. Que hay, cabrón. People do find it pretty hilarious, though. I also have an arsenal of bad Puerto Rican anglicisims. Check it, mano.

Amorphis - the Lost Son

deadlyyyyyy ooomeeeeens
deadlyyyyyy omeeeeeeeeeeeens

abigail is a fucking evergreen masterpiece!!!! :kickass:

My uncle, who doesn't listen to metal anymore, introduced me to metal when I was 11 years old via King Diamond and Sepultura. I outgrew Sepultura, as most people did. But King Diamond is just one of those things that, as you get older, you realize how fucking amazing he is relative to anything new you encounter as the years go by.

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of almost anything after In the Shadows and Time (to me Mercyful Fate and KD are the same band). But Them, Abigail, Conspiracy, Don't Break the Oath, Melissa... since 1993, my playlists have changed so much. King Diamond is the only constant. Also... Black Horsemen is my favorite song on Abigail!

(FYI, I picked up Iron Maiden much later in life, if I had listened to them earlier, they might have always been there, too).