The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

I hope Road Runner does the release like they did with the last Dream Theater album. Release the regular and the Special Edition on the same day...

If not I for sure will just download the album and wait to buy the Special Edition. Roadrunnah ain't playin' tricks oh me.

But let's wait and see... Maybe there won't even be a Special Edition.

Perhaps it's just my mood today... but don't come in here posting about how you're going to d/l the record if RR doesn't follow your release schedule ffs. This is the band's official forum, remember?

Right, I read Victoria's comments and the RR/myspace blog/main site, but I thought there was more.

the Mellotronen gig seems to be too special not to be filmed somehow, by amateurs or something ... let's hope :)
I'm pretty sure the extra's on the special edition for this one will have some great stuff, there is so much to chose from. to be honest, the extra stuff on GR special edition was a bit dissapointing for me, but I'm sure there are more possibilities with the next one by recording all these extra tracks and having some fabulous gigs planned.

and the "review" was posted on some blog and it was the thing that got this whole thread started ........... the official things only came afterwards. so go look the link yourself, would take other people as much (or as little) time as it would take you.

Ugh--I'm not a fucking idiot. I read that thing already. I thought there were oth;

Nevermind.

At any rate, the title and tracks are exactly the kind of awesome, obscure Akerfeldtery that I was expecting. I'd have to say my favorite song title is "Porceline Heart"; it sounds like a classic Opeth epic. "Hessian Peel" sounds very interesting and different. "Hex Omega" makes me think of Meshuggah, and "Coil"...well...we won't go there because I hate Lacuna Coil.

I can almost envision Travis Smith's artwork right now...a thin stream meandering through the woods. Similar to MAYH but with the gothic, mysterious effect from the Ghost Reveries cover art.

:headbang: Can't wait!

Ugh--I'm not a fucking idiot. I read that thing already. I thought there were oth;

Nevermind.

At any rate, the title and tracks are exactly the kind of awesome, obscure Akerfeldtery that I was expecting. I'd have to say my favorite song title is "Porceline Heart"; it sounds like a classic Opeth epic. "Hessian Peel" sounds very interesting and different. "Hex Omega" makes me think of Meshuggah, and "Coil"...well...we won't go there because I hate Lacuna Coil.

I can almost envision Travis Smith's artwork right now...a thin stream meandering through the woods. Similar to MAYH but with the gothic, mysterious effect from the Ghost Reveries cover art.

:headbang: Can't wait!

are you 12

looking forward to hear "would?" one of my favorites from AIC and one we usually cover

Victorialand, could you please tell us - roughly - how frequent are Mikael's growls on this one? Is it 50/50 between the growls and the sung vocals? Less? More?

Would be really interesting to know ...

Cheers!

I wouldn't say it's as predictable as 50/50. The concept is more integrated than ever before on Watershed.

I don't know about most of you guys, but I love the element of surprise. Especially when seeing or hearing something for the first time instead of already expecting something from what someone else has told me.

I just read through this whole thread. Oboes 'n shit, man. The Lotus Eater. Female vocals. European/medieval folk, jazz, death metal... If Ghost Reveries was the culmination of everything Opeth's been doing so far, and this is the next step... Man, the only negative thing that could possibly happen is that the other albums will be out shined.