The New album Title

Will there be a vinyl version of the album? That'd be so great!
Now since CDs are vanishing, many people return to vinyl and it would be just amazing to listen to a well-produced album on vinyl instead of not-so-good CD or even crappier mp3 (not that I am recognizing the difference, but it's just fancy doing so :p).

The question should not be "will", but why are there not any Vintersorg LPs?

Can you imagine the magic of listening to Cosmic Genesis or Visions in a turntable… oh, pure bliss.

I seriously hope an LP version comes out, even if it's expensive I'll buy it! Do look into it Andreas!

http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com/dueindex.htm makes some very nice LPs, it'd be great to have one made by them.

Should we read this as there will be some promotion stuff for this album, like shirts and/or stuff? Would be great if that was the case, I sorely missed a shirt release for Solens Rötter...

I'm still keeping and will keep forever my dear "Focusing Blur" t-shirt. Now, its colour is moving to grey... :lol:

I bought it at Summer Breeze 2004.... Great memories!! :kickass:

Some days ago I threw my "Visions" shirt into the rubbish bin because it was a already a black... erm grey shirt with yellow stains :D

OH!!...Sinner! :p

My Till Fjälls shirt looks really old...but i care it a lot, and i think the shirt have many years of life yet.

Wow, its almost November so....2011 is close! Let's hope we get to spend the majority of the winter and spring with new Vintersorg spinning in our heads. Yay!

to this day we still don't know anything about the style/direction of the new album.
it would be interesting to learn something about this. it has been months that i'm wondering which will be the next step. something totally new? something in solens rotter's style? i'm pretty impatient.

andreas please, enlighten us! :p

to this day we still don't know anything about the style/direction of the new album.
it would be interesting to learn something about this. it has been months that i'm wondering which will be the next step. something totally new? something in solens rotter's style? i'm pretty impatient.

Well, let us try and gather what we do know about the upcoming album.

• The album will be called "Jordpuls"
  • It will (hopefully) be out in early 2011
  • The lyrics will be in Swedish

But as lefay82 said, what style will it be? And what about merchandise?

Well, let us try and gather what we do know about the upcoming album.

• The album will be called "Jordpuls"
  • It will (hopefully) be out in early 2011
  • The lyrics will be in Swedish

But as lefay82 said, what style will it be? And what about merchandise?

we also know some titles:

Mörk Nebulosa
Vindögat
Palissader
Klippor och Skär

and probably benny will play the drums, i've found a post where andreas told he will be likely involved in the album.

Hey thanks for putting together all the info! I'd forgotten there were some songs hehehe.

Sigurðr;9438168 said:
I hope for an acoustic album one day lol

YES!!!!! I've always wanted an entirely acoustic album, and an acoustic gig recorded(like The Gathering's Sleepy Buildings).

I'd be great to have one, but of entirely new songs, not remakes like Bork's (not saying I don't like Bork's Origin). It'd be nice to have an acoustic cover or two, but I'd prefer new songs :tickled: .

Bork's Origin is beautiful...i always wanted to hear an entirely acoustic masterpiece from andreas :) i love acoustic albums.. the ep forest sessions from månegarm is beautiful, and Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays from empyrium and Kveldsjanger from ulver..and..oh god its too many lol... im very anxious to see how this new album will be, a song in the way of strålar or the enigmatic spirit will be wonderful :D

A Vintersorg acoustic album sounds great., but I highly doubt Andreas will release something like that with Vintersorg (maybe with another project besides Borknagar?)

Oh, Defiance...remakes? c'mon, 'twas just 1 track and sounds really different from the original. I would like to see a Dvd like the Green Carnation's Night Under The Dam.

Sigurd: If there'll be a Vintersorg acoustic album, I think it'll be more in the vein of Origin or maybe more jazzy. Some songs alas ol' Otyg (like Skymningsdans and some tracks a capella like Nordbloss Och Gasteld), and all those Kveldsjanger derivations like Empyrium's Where at night..., Váli, and etx would be incredible. I hope Andreas doesn't listen the Forest Sessions, which is a complete failure, pretty much like Finntroll's one.

Forest sessions is the only Månegarm album i still listen to. I don't like their latest 2 releases that much.

It seems that Andreas much rather keeps us guessing about the new style ;) i know i wouldn't reveal such thing if i was him, and rather wanted it to be a surprise... i'm extremely curious as well but i would honestly prefer he wouldn't tell us about the style, pretty much for the same reason lefay doesn't read album reviews - i don't want to spoil the sweet impact of the first listen!

An acoustic album from Vintersorg would be great as well, but only as an addition to the "regular" one, not instead. I wouldn't want to wait another couple of years for a new release, only to find out it would be an acoustic one...