The New Edition

shanky said:
Well, it was recorded as at BBC sessions, so I doubt it'll be like what their new album will sound like.

i don't think it comes from BBC, the GR deluxe edition was postponed also for copyright problems with BBC. that's why 'when' and 'TGC' are not in that edition.

Just got this bitchin surround sound system in my room so i thought id give lamentations a spin with that 5.1 setting i always ignored.

Man do those extra 3 speakers add to the experiance, ESPECIALLY on the damnation tracks. If you havent tried it do it now!

Death_To_False_Metal said:
Humble Pie !!

What! Where? Tell me, please!!

Death_To_False_Metal said:
No Axenrot !!

Yes, you can hear him (briefly) play the awesome drum intro for Deep Purple's 'Pictures of home'
- just when Mike has said something of Axe's earlier rock influences.
("Ian Paice" = the DP drummer)

highlights:
1. lopez
2. per, bass and m.lo playing jazz
3. peter's cat

what i'd have liked to see more of:
1. shots of peter playing guitar. i wonder if he even played a single note on isolation years
2. more of an insight at the technicalities of making the album - ie. various guitar tones, techniques etc.

overall, the documentary was awesome :D

i was very pleased with this re-issue. the new artwork by travis smith was very good to see, and the documentary was a bit short, but very very enjoyable.

when i heard the bonus track soldier of fortune, i was blown away. it seems like mikael's vocals keep getting better and better, maybe it's because he stopped drinking and smoking, but the depth he achieves with his vocals on this song is breathtaking. and to all of you who are afraid that he is going sing clean like this from now on, im pretty sure it was just for this song. you can tell the vibrato and levels of his singing is getting better. although i agree the way he sang a bit differently was new, but im sure it was just for this song.

Finally got mine earlier today. In a perfect world, this is what would have come out in August last year.

It was sad to see the departure of Lopez through the film...you could just see him getting more and more tired.

The DVD all around is really good, although I wouldn't have minded if it was a bit longer...no big deal.

I can't wait to see what the next DVD (if it comes out) will hold and what's next up for Opeth.

I thought it was a great doc. The improv with the martins and per was awesome and the fact that they called him Bass Player was a nice nod to the forum. Does anyone know what song is playing during the interlude that starts with "past meadow grounds.."?

Did anyone else get this artwork with they're New Edition? I think Amazon sent me the wrong one.

New%20Edition.jpg