The new pic thread

Another question here: if it says on the back of a ticket to a festival that you are not allowed to bring a camera, will they be very thorough with checking that? And if they find your camera, will they confiscate it? What happens if it gets stolen/damaged while "they" have it? Etc.
And why the fuck on earth do they prohibit cameras at festivals? I thought that only applied to gigs or concerts involving just one band (well, plus support acts).

Northern Lights said:
Another question here: if it says on the back of a ticket to a festival that you are not allowed to bring a camera, will they be very thorough with checking that? And if they find your camera, will they confiscate it? What happens if it gets stolen/damaged while "they" have it? Etc.
And why the fuck on earth do they prohibit cameras at festivals? I thought that only applied to gigs or concerts involving just one band (well, plus support acts).

I wouldn't bring a professional cam to a fest w/o a photopass... and even having a permission - would think twice. All we take are shitty point-and-shoot 3.2 MP CyberShots - works every time :p

Noone will take responsibility for stolen/damaged device if the venue keeps it during gig, I'd say.

In my opinion JPG isn't good either, even when using the 1% compression some pics get fucked up pretty badly. I mostly use PNG for the quality. Filesize is bigger but not too big. For hosting I'm using my ISP's space, space that came with a magazine subscription, and a domain+space we bought with friends. If you don't have anything similar to these available, maybe you could use a free deviantart account?
http://www.deviantart.com

plintus said:
I wouldn't bring a professional cam to a fest w/o a photopass... and even having a permission - would think twice. All we take are shitty point-and-shoot 3.2 MP CyberShots - works every time :p

Noone will take responsibility for stolen/damaged device if the venue keeps it during gig, I'd say.

Well that's why you glue your $2500 Cam/lens to your hand.:)

I have no idea about festivals in Europe (although I'm so jealous :worship: ), but in North America, most people can get away with bringing in a little camera. Well, unless its a Manowar show.

lol I did take pics of them but we had to sign a contract and that and as I wasnt accreditated through my site but through a bigger magazine I wont be allowed to put them on my homepage... whatever, its not that interesting anyway ;)
hm about the festivals, if I dont have a photopass I dont bring my expensive equipment with me and just take my little 3,2 megapixels canon powershot, it worked well for fun and crowd pics in wacken last year.
here it depends on the bands that play if u can take ur little camera in also without a photopass, some dont care and some dont like it. but I never saw that u can take a professional equipment to a gig without having taken the permission to do before the show.

KryptoN said:
In my opinion JPG isn't good either, even when using the 1% compression some pics get fucked up pretty badly. I mostly use PNG for the quality. Filesize is bigger but not too big. For hosting I'm using my ISP's space, space that came with a magazine subscription, and a domain+space we bought with friends. If you don't have anything similar to these available, maybe you could use a free deviantart account?
http://www.deviantart.com

Thank you, this seems like a good site!

Photo in JPEG:

music_garden_by_phyrexia666.jpg

I would like to thanks all of the forum members who have shared their photos.
This is probably a personal preference, but I think taking photos at a concert
sort of takes away from the moment. I go to many live shows and it would be possible
to take photos. I just think it's a hassle to be looking through a lens or at a LCD screen,
with all the action of a live show -

La Rocque said:
sort of takes away from the moment. I go to many live shows and it would be possible
to take photos. I just think it's a hassle to be looking through a lens or at a LCD screen,

Live shows are a great challenge (especially when they are indoors/no lighting), which is why I absolutely love doing live music. As a fan I always enjoy looking at live photos, and it's no hassle to take them as long as you enjoy doing it! It can sometimes take away from the moment - yes - but if you were not able to attend this concert, something is better than nothing.

La Rocque said:
ditto on all accounts. You guys rule :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

heh i did the same thing today, there's nothing worse than painting walls. especially in places where you have like 40 cm of space to squeeze your body in. the only thing that might be worse than painting probably is to wallpaper.

Both of you need to invest in a paintball gun. Makes painting apartments a lot more fun! :p

@Dragonlady1: it looked really cool at first, but just minutes later, the lightning was right above my apartment and flashing every 2-3 seconds. Usually I like lightning, but this one just wouldn't move, and as I'm living on the top floor of an apartment building it wasn't quite as exciting anymore.

As usual, really cool pics! The one from Dimmu is awesome! :)