The new pic thread

@hyena: Thanks. I suspected that was the case. Even though it's normal for most people to suffer the pain of loss when a family member passes, I think it's best not to dwell there too long. Glad to see that you seem to be past the grief stage. Welcome back. :)

@Rusty: Thanks for taking the time to fulfill the request to post more pics of yourself. ;) A retro shot was completely unexpected. The retro idea is an interesting angle but I see that you were going for a before and after effect with now and then pics of the former road. The after pics sort of remind me of some fotos I've seen of ancient Roman ruins in England - like the remains of Hadrian's Wall with the grass and other foliage overgrowth. Just curious...why was this road left to its fate and not rebuilt? Was that area deemed too unstable to support existing and future development?

On the subject of ancient ruins, I don't know if everyone here has seen this or is even interested in this kind of stuff but there was news last week of an extremely ancient "church" that was uncovered in Megiddo, Israel. A Megiddo prison inmate on work detail discovered the site and then the archaelogists moved in. Fotos were taken of its beautiful mosaic flooring that included some ancient text inscriptions and an AWESOME circle design with two fish in it. I love mosaic art and this kind of ancient discovery gives me goosebumps and makes my nipples hard. =) I was so taken with the fotos of the fish mosaic that I had to use one of them as my new avatar.

r2320424976.jpg

More pics of the site are up at these locations:

Reuters (8 pics)
http://photos.reuters.com/pictures/Slideshow.aspx?id=0&name=632669372381250000&kw=

Yahoo! (20 pics)
http://news.yahoo.com/photo/051108/...CwBFAtxieAA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3bGk2OHYzBHNlYwN0bXA-

wildfyr said:
@Rusty: Thanks for taking the time to fulfill the request to post more pics of yourself. ;) A retro shot was completely unexpected. The retro idea is an interesting angle but I see that you were going for a before and after effect with now and then pics of the former road. The after pics sort of remind me of some fotos I've seen of ancient Roman ruins in England - like the remains of Hadrian's Wall with the grass and other foliage overgrowth. Just curious...why was this road left to its fate and not rebuilt? Was that area deemed too unstable to support existing and future development?
Yeah, it's just not stable enough. They just closed the road off and use another that goes around the other side of the hill instead (it's right out in the countryside so doesn't get much traffic).

ahh since you're doing requests, Rusty, I want a more recent picture
we never did get to see the uniform ones :bah:

Hitori said:
ahh since you're doing requests, Rusty, I want a more recent picture
we never did get to see the uniform ones :bah:
To be honest, I have no idea what request I'm supposed to have fulfilled in the first place. Wildfyr confused me with that one. Either way: "I want" never gets. Didn't your parents teach you anything?

wildfyr said:
On the subject of ancient ruins, I don't know if everyone here has seen this or is even interested in this kind of stuff
oh yes i'm really really interested in this!
I loooove ancient stuff of every kind (art, history, various info etc etc) and your avatar reminds me of the Minoan civilization paintings even if their are different. maybe it's what they express, the feeling...dunno... and you know when i first chose my avatar i was thinking to put the Minoan dolphins in it, but the pic resulted too small! ;)

these are pics of my lovely CUTE (not freaky) dog, and my grandparents' chihuahua. with my sister, some sunny day not so long ago

@Dafne: Cool! I'm glad someone else here is into ancient art. Thanks for the sharing your interest. I'd love to see the Minoan dolphins pic you had in mind for an avatar.

@Malaclypse: Muahahaha! Good one. That guy is such a dick. Just look at the company he keeps

20011009-9.jpg

20020909-4_detroit-0909-2-pm-515h.jpg

BerlusconiBush.jpg

20040428-3_b33s0021-515h.jpg

00263881.jpeg

20011106-4.jpg

bushhoward_wideweb__430x285.jpg

20020322-10-600h.jpg

20040414-4_012t9978-2-515h.jpg

20050222-6_p44492-171webjpg-3-515h.jpg

20050222-8_p44493-101jpg-515h.jpg

20050707-2_f1g6850jasjpg-515h.jpg

@dafne, this was an original shot made in china a few days ago, where bush wanted to depart from some kind of meeting and found the doors locked.

@wildfyr: nothing wrong with schröder and a few others, but yeah, in general i think i can agree.

wildfyr said:
@Dafne: Cool! I'm glad someone else here is into ancient art. Thanks for the sharing your interest. I'd love to see the Minoan dolphins pic you had in mind for an avatar.

oh yes i'm very much in it! :) one of my dreams is to spend a long time in Crete and in Greece in general to see all those beautiful things!!!
I also wrote a strange novel about some modern ppl who "flew" back into ancient history. I haven't finished it yet cos i'm doing a great job: the story itself is very easy but i want to focus on ancient history details, so...
anyway this are the pics about dolphins

knossos-dolphin-frieze.jpg

and then one of my fave frescos in Crete. Actually all the novel came out from this love of mine toward this fresco (ok ok I'm quite weird, I know!!! :p )

prince.jpg

@Mal: wow. at least he has an amusingly endless range of facial expressions. he should have considered becoming a professional comedian.

wildfyr said:
in this pic he looks like the idiot who managed to get in the picture with the country leaders and will be kicked out any minute now.

Siren said:
@Mal: wow. at least he has an amusingly endless range of facial expressions. he should have considered becoming a professional comedian.

in this pic he looks like the idiot who managed to get in the picture with the country leaders and will be kicked out any minute now.
:lol: :lol: it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!