The Norwegian Thread

Med tanke på at jeg allerede bor her, så tror jeg ikke det kommer til å skje:mad:

I Sovjet Russland, baller snusen DEG.

I only understand a few words...with something at something I already live here, so something i don't it come to something :confused:

and then you cracked a joke about Soviet Russia.

do you guys think I should study abroad in Denmark? I have tried really REALLY hard to find something in Norway, but nothing seems to be working out. Think Denmark is worth it? I can visit Norway very often :D

I'd like to visit both places Mystique so I'd say go for it. :)
Yeah, I am really considering it. But I will continue looking for programs in Norway. Why don't you also study abroad in one of these countries?

What should I write my Scandinavian folklore paper on? I already know it'll be a topic related to Norway. Should I write about Norwegian trolls? and can I use you as a reference :heh: (I kid, I kid)

^At the moment my univeristy doesn't have any programs for studying abroad in Norway, and I don't have the money to do it. I'll wait until I'm done with college and have a full time job and have the money to go to Norway.

^ Same with my university! they have a program for Denmark and Sweden, but none for Norway :( So I'm thinking of waiting also. After I graduate, I'll get a somewhat serious job, save enough money, and then go comfortably and explore my options there. I would like to settle there, but first I wanna make sure I can tolerate the cold weather since it's so different from what I'm used to here.

So for those who have English as a first language, how long did it take you to be fluent and learn Norwegian at a very competent level? or not? :lol:

Do it on norse mythology, its really interesting. And awesome.
"norse mythology" is too broad a topic. it has to be more analytical than that. I'm reading folklore edited by Kvideland and Sehmsdorf right now. I'll liekly pick a topic from somethig they've written about.

So for those who have English as a first language, how long did it take you to be fluent and learn Norwegian at a very competent level? or not? :lol:

I'll let you know in a few months :p