The "Not-Metal" Thread.

John!!! Jerry Cantrell for the fucking win!!!! Leave Me Alone is a fucking great song and I think one of his best and grooviest. Everyone was always so quick to give Layne credit for everything and lick his balls, but the real genius behind AIC was always Jerry Cantrell. Layne added a lot of emotion with his voice, but Jerry is AIC.

Ours - one of my favorite bands

Dredg - another one of my favs

Toad the Wet Sprocket - great band from the early 90's

Doves - THE FUCKING DOVES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! This song is AMAZING and a great acoustic number

More to come when I think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a classic. After 30 years I still love this song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFC8sDTXlng&feature=related[/ame]

He actually plays like that...I saw them on Leno a few years ago when I was in Japan getting my scuba certification. I was sweating my ass off in October in Okinawa in a friend's non-air conditioned flat and we were watching Leno when he introduced this band and I was like, "Great...another faggoty indie band..." and then I was blown away.

Can't get enough of this guy either...30 years later still loving it.

Disavowed

I really wish I could find an Eternal Suffering video on Youtube that didn't suck completely.

Whoa im getting threads mixed up now hahaha. That was meant for the never got their due thread lol.

Here is a non-metal band that deserves some serious attention - OZRIC TENTACLES! Impossible to define....some say "space rock" and thats probably as close as I could come to describing it. Real trippy and atmospheric but with incredible guitar playing from Ed Wynne. Check 'em out

Imma post some stuff that I've been digging recently

Best Fwends

Aesop Rock

Bluebeard

Fear Nuttin Band

Regina Spektor

^Sounds like something that'd be really cool to listen to stoned.

^def one of my fav albums of '08