The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Thought I'd pass this on here, as I know there are some Shadow Gallery fans here..

Jax :)

SHADOW GALLERY member GARY WEHRKAMP recently co-founded a charity organization The Wishmakers. The first project for The Wishmakers is the recording of an original Christmas song about the Pocono Mountain, Pennsylvania region. Many notable Pocono area musicians came together in an effort to collaborate on “CHRISTMASTIME IN THE POCONOS”, a song about the joy, togetherness and spirit of giving that Christmastime brings to the Pocono Mountains. The song will be sold to raise money for the Monroe County Children and Youth Services Christmas Fund.

Gary Wehrkamp has been a member of the band Shadow Gallery since 1992 as their keyboardist, guitarist and back-up vocalist. He is also part of the supergroup AMARAN’S PLIGHT, along with Kurt Barabas, Nick D’Virgilio, and D.C. Cooper, which released the album “Voice in the Light” in 2007. He has also recorded tribute albums for Rush, Yes, Genesis and Pink Floyd. He has been a guest artist on ARJEN LUCASSEN’s albums “Flight of the Universal Migrator” and “Star One”, EXPLORER CLUB’s “Raising the Mammoth”, DREAMTONE’s “ Sojourn“ and “Reversing Time”, and EXPEDITION DELTA’s 2008 selftitled release. Gary was also a songwriter for Dream Theater’s JAMES LABRIE’s solo albums “Keep it to Yourself” and “Mullmuzzler II”.

Another advisory board member of The Wishmakers is JILL HUGHES, editor of the e-zine USA Progressive Music and manager of the progressive metal band SUSPYRE.

TRISHA O’KEEFE has who lent her voice on AMARAN’S PLIGHT’s progressive rock album, “Voice in the Light” and SUSPYRE’s “When Time Fades…” album, also sang on the song “Christimastime in the Poconos”.

'The Wishmakers’ mission is ‘Musicians making a difference...harnessing the power of music and art to foster the spirit of giving.’ Our goal is to create music to raise money for charities. We hope to work with more local and national charities in the future, and we appreciate any musicians who would like to lend their talent for future projects,' says Jill Hughes, who is helping lead the efforts with THE WISHMAKERS, along with Gary Wehrkamp and Pocono area business owners and artists Kristi Bronico, and Bryan Schmidt.

The project includes the production and CD duplication of the original song, which will be on sale throughout the northeast region of Pennsylvania. You can also receive a digital download of the song for a donation of $10 or more off of the website, www.thewishmakers.org.

You can see The Wishmakers' video for the song 'Christmastime in the Poconos' here:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, uh... news to me, but:

Our video for "One by One" is on the "Monsters of Metal Vol. 6" DVD that came out in September. Looks like I missed the memo on that one. Oh, and it was before the name change, so we're still listed as Meltdown.

Hey guys, check out my new myspace page dedicated to me as a guitarist. I really want to get my name out there so thats why I made this myspace. I'm going to be adding music to it in my favorite styles to show people and bands. Check it out:

www.myspace.com/yahguitar

I just put a metal type song up there, let me know what you think (and help me out with the mixing part lol).

Yeah, you can totally hear the IE influence on some of your riffs. Tight playing, man!

I also like your gear. Nice guitar w/nice pickups > Tube Screamer > Tube Amp. ALL YOU NEED.

Thanks man.. yeah I've been listening to Iced Earth a lot for the last 2 months.
Yes! Basic and clean gear is the best. No eventide for me! I never used a pedal till I got a tube amp anyways, and the only other pedal I would ever get is probably a NS-2. Tube amps pick up EVERYTHING!!!

Hey!! I just uploaded a new song. Check it out! Its a cover of Guile's stage music from Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

www.myspace.com/yahguitar

I know its hard to believe, but my amp volume is only at 1 or 1.5 in both these recordings. The way I have my mini studio setup leaves me no way to turn it up any louder than that without my ears bleeding.

Oh and you know what sucks? Crappy headphones. All I hear is piercing when I playback my songs, but then when I plug the computer up to some nice speakers I have everything is so smooth. On this last recording I was really surprised on how smooth I got the tone lol.

Thanks man.. yeah I've been listening to Iced Earth a lot for the last 2 months.
Yes! Basic and clean gear is the best. No eventide for me! I never used a pedal till I got a tube amp anyways, and the only other pedal I would ever get is probably a NS-2. Tube amps pick up EVERYTHING!!!

Hey!! I just uploaded a new song. Check it out! Its a cover of Guile's stage music from Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

www.myspace.com/youseftheguitarist

I know its hard to believe, but my amp volume is only at 1 or 1.5 in both these recordings. The way I have my mini studio setup leaves me no way to turn it up any louder than that without my ears bleeding.

Oh and you know what sucks? Crappy headphones. All I hear is piercing when I playback my songs, but then when I plug the computer up to some nice speakers I have everything is so smooth. On this last recording I was really surprised on how smooth I got the tone lol.
1.) SF2 has great stage themes. Fuck yeah, man.
2.) Don't get an NS-2, get an ISP Decimator.

3.) http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111754 The label released the artwork for our album today.

Audiotechnica ATH-Pro700. mhmm. :loco:

The Relic keyboard solo cover

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rEeN001as&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Not me, but my friend playing the solo over the track. The nice guy that I am, I decided to promote it for him here, hahah. Check it out.

Yousef, urinalcakemix, and Wander,
Awesome stuff guys.

Yousef, nice playing and nice tone bud, I can do lots of shit with that.
Try multi-layering your rhythm tracks, and experiment with some overdubbing/harmonizing with your leads, toying with some slight delays and reverbs.

Oh and use your headphones ONLY when recording (its good for timing and all, because it isolates the sound when you're playing/recording over your rhythm tracks - This is especially useful when double/quadra tracking).

Cheers!

Yousef, urinalcakemix, and Wander,
Awesome stuff guys.

Yousef, nice playing and nice tone bud, I can do lots of shit with that.
Try multi-layering your rhythm tracks, and experiment with some overdubbing/harmonizing with your leads, toying with some slight delays and reverbs.

Oh and use your headphones ONLY when recording (its good for timing and all, because it isolates the sound when you're playing/recording over your rhythm tracks - This is especially useful when double/quadra tracking).

Cheers!

Hm.. interesting stuff. I will surely try it! Thanks for the tips.