The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

OfSinsAndShred said:
Just an update.

Meltdown, the thrash band I play guitar in, has a few more songs up - two of which (Panic and Executioner) are soon to appear on a compilation. More info on that once it's out or something.

That's some good stuff. I like it :)

My band is Narcosa, we're based in Australia. Been together for about 12 months, looking for a new bassist who isn't lazy and who actually practises!!!

I've got a few videos at www.putfile.com/davidpartay - they're actually recorded for my website (I'm the drummer) so that's why they're angled down at my kit. Enjoy! We'll hopefully have some decent quality MP3s in the near future and actually with a bassist and more vocals in the songs.

I'm sure most of the people here know who this band is, but I don't know how many of you have ever really listened to much of their music.

As you know, Winters Bane had Tim Owens as their original singer. The CD he sang on "Heart Of A Killer" was terrific, as I'm sure most of you know.

They also had a CD named "Girth" released originally under the Winters Bane title, but was changed to be called Lou St. Paul's Girth (Lou St. Paul is the guitarist and main guy of the band). This CD has LSP himself singing on it, and is also a very good CD. He actually has the whole album available for download on his website:
http://wintersbane.net/

Now the best part. Winters Bane has a new CD coming out titled "Redivivus" (Latin for rebirth) in late spring here in the States, and I think February for Europe (spoiled Euros). I received an advance copy of the CD from Lou, and it's incredible.

There's not a single weak song on this album. The singer fits the music perfectly, and has kind of a raw power behind his voice that adds that special extra something to the music. This CD is easily going to be in my top 5 releases of this year, hands down. I can't stop listening to it.

You can check out a few sample MP3's from Redivivus (along with the song "The Silhouette" from the first album with Ripper) on WB's Myspace site:
http://www.myspace.com/wintersbane

Look for the release date around April or May. In the meantime, listen to those samples, and I'll see if I can get permission to post up a full song or two. I love this CD and haven't stopped listening to it for the last 5 hours straight now...

Also, the forum is just getting started up. You're all welcome to stop by. It's a great place and Lou St. Paul posts there a lot. He's an awesome guy and is the very definition of a classy metal musician. He appreciates every fan and every positive comment and also constructive criticism as well.

Here's another band which is by far my favorite discovery of 2005.

Sabaton
http://www.sabaton.net/
www.download.com/sabaton <- (for several free songs to download. Especially make sure to check out the first two, Primo Victoria and Panzer Battalion)

These guys have a vocalist with a great dark voice that suits their music perfectly. Most power metal bands have high-pitched wailers...not this one. Their newest CD released last year titled Primo Victoria is a masterpiece of an album, not a single weak song on it. It's main theme is war (WWII, Six-Day War, Operation Desert Storm, Stalingrad, etc), which once again, the singer's dark voice adds a whole new level to the music.

I haven't been able to stop spinning this CD over and over since I got it about 6 months ago. That CD was worth every penny, and then some.

The CD is avaiable at The End Records website. $13.50 and free shipping (very good reliable online store too, I've made several purchases there without any problem).
http://shopping.theendrecords.com/

Montu Skhmet said:
I'm in a band its called Pantheon 2 other members on this forum are in it
ptah knenu
-and-
yo mammas a chipmunk

I decided to quit his band, due to personal feelings of his (the quoted person's) music and lyric writing. Besides, all my concentration is going towards my current band, Once Beyond Purgatory. I just felt I needed to make mention of that.

Because he was banned, he decided never to come back here again, and I know this for sure, because he told me a half hour before posing that. I just wanted to try to prevent confusion.

YoMamasAChipmunk, who I actually wanna do a side project with, actually never really wanted to do the whole forum bit, but M. Skhmet bugged him about it so much that he did it just to shut him up. That happens alot.

hey long time no post ... and still no new SX cd? ... well the Aborted Existence CD "Sunken Eye View" is out and its fucking great. We have 8 songs done for the next one, and we'll record that once we have a few more songs and a lot more money (doing it without a label costs like a bitch) but you all can check out 3 songs from the AE cd on www.myspace.com/abortedexistence cuz we all need a little death metal in our lives. If you like what you hear, feel free to instant message on AIM, pm me on here, e-mail me or get in contact with me in some manner so i can get a cd to ya. professional artwork/wrapping/barcode. this is like as professionally done as it gets without actually going thru a label. (HINT HINT) I'm also drumming for Dargormudshark in his project "Synesthesia", not sure if he's posted in a while here either, but he writes some sick stuff so look for that around the end of 06 if all goes well.

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
I'm also drumming for Dargormudshark in his project "Synesthesia", not sure if he's posted in a while here either, but he writes some sick stuff so look for that around the end of 06 if all goes well.

Thats cool. Andrew has also agreed to be the 2nd guitarist on stage if and when Dark Empire ever does any shows.