The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Jens really belts it out in that song also. Like seriously, I'm still WTFing how much more awesome his range is in that song than on all of Distant Tides.

My buddies Grave Desire put new songs up on their MySpace. Way better quality than the old ones, and the tunes rock harder. http://www.myspace.com/gravedesirepa

They're still produced by D.C. Cooper, too, which is sweet - 'cause I get to hang with D.C. because I'm friends with them. :)

Dave, their singer, just recorded a new tune by Crown the Lost, another local band... it's fucking amazing. When they put it on the net, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Really bad news about the July 12 Dark Empire/Meltdown show. :(

Unfortunately, OBP can't play the show, on a count of our bass player is scheduled to have his tonsils taken out 2 days before. :mad:
Of all the times his doctor could've scheduled him for surgery, it HAD to be 2 days before that show.

I'm still gonna find a way to go though. I just won't be playing.

That is optional to the gig, I think. He should make like a hockey player and suit up.
It's not that he's getting his tonsils taken out; it's that it's 2 days after his surgery, and he'll need bedrest. Now unless anyone wants to go pick up a 6 string bass and learn all our basslines and fill in for him, then we can't play.

Hello All,

Ok, time for my official plug.

I am the Executive Producer, writer and primary lyricist for the Supergroup, Amaran's Plight. I wrote the concept which became the bands debut album, Voice in the Light.

Amaran's Plight is:

DC Cooper- R. Hunt, S. Force
Gary Werhkamp- Shadow Gallery
Nick D Virgilio- Spocks beard, Genesis
Kurt Barabas- Out of the Sun

Its textbook Symphonic Prog-metal with a great concept as well. Its to be released by Prog-rock records worldwide the end of this month. We have high expectations as we put a LOT of work into this. key tracks are Shattered Dreams, Betrayed by Love and Revelation.

More info here: http://www.progrockrecords.com/press/view.php?id=68

I hang out with D.C. weekly now. It's pretty friggin' cool. Sometimes I think, "How'd I get to hang with such a killer singer?" And I still don't konw.

I'm sure your stuff is gonna rock. That's quite a lineup.

So how did you get to hang out with such an awesome singer?
Hello All,

Ok, time for my official plug.

I am the Executive Producer, writer and primary lyricist for the Supergroup, Amaran's Plight. I wrote the concept which became the bands debut album, Voice in the Light.

Amaran's Plight is:

DC Cooper- R. Hunt, S. Force
Gary Werhkamp- Shadow Gallery
Nick D Virgilio- Spocks beard, Genesis
Kurt Barabas- Out of the Sun

Its textbook Symphonic Prog-metal with a great concept as well. Its to be released by Prog-rock records worldwide the end of this month. We have high expectations as we put a LOT of work into this. key tracks are Shattered Dreams, Betrayed by Love and Revelation.

More info here: http://www.progrockrecords.com/press/view.php?id=68
Would listen, but it's too early to play music. I'll listen later.