The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

I wish I could go to at least one of these shows (...and I thought I'd post this here and promote Mat's project for him):

Humanoid said:
Mathieu Marcotte/Humanoid will be playing a few live shows in the coming months:

August, 1 2008 at Bar Le Rafiot
536 3eme avenue, Val D’or, Quebec
Cost : 10$

Mathieu Marcotte (Humanoid) + Justin St-Pierre

-----------

August, 2 2008 at Bar Le Rafiot
536, 3eme ave, Val D’or, Quebec
Cost : aprox. 10$

Humanoid/ Mathieu Marcotte with Justin St-Pierre, in concert.

-----------

August, 8 2008 at Quai des brumes
4481 St-Denis street, Montreal,

Humanoid show / The only concert with all the guests!!! + Justin St-Pierre + special surprises. Concert d’Humanoid / Le seul show avec tous les invités!!! + Justin St-Pierre + surprises spéciales.

-----------

September, 6 2008 at El Paso
Rouyn-Noranda,

Humanoid (Mathieu Marcotte), Justin St-Pierre, Guillaume Audet, LIVE!

-----------

Humanoid's/Mathieu Marcotte's album can be purchased by visiting the official Humanoid MySpace page at: http://www.myspace.com/humanoidofficial or by visiting the merchandise section of the Augury home page at: http://www.augurymetal.com/merch-parent.php

The Humanoid Facebook page can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Humanoid/7363252117

Additionally, a review of the album can be found at: http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=1&id=14119

Thanks for your support and stay cosmic!

Thanks Jeff! The recording quality & mix sucks but at least those give you some idea of our band's music. My friend plays the most leads & solos and his guitar tone is very "neck pickupish".

Collins/Wardingham Project

Any fans of Planet X, On The Virg, and heavy prog-fusion in general, I'd highly recommend check out this Aussie project by master drummer Grant Collins.

www.myspace.com/grantcollinsdrum

and guitarist Paul Wardingham.

www.myspace.com/paulwardingham

Think Planet X, but with more world-music influence as well, as Grant is heavily into world percussion stylings as well as the highly technical prog/fusion/metal discipline. Even a bit of tech-metal every now and then, its pretty heavy, and I'm getting a Ron Jarzombek/Spastic Ink/Blotted Science vibe as well... Check out some samples at the artists myspace pages, as well as the band myspace:

www.myspace.com/cwproject

Their album 'Interactive' is incredible! :headbang:

Also, my cousin for whom I played the guitar for his recording has posted the track up on his myspace:

www.myspace.com/harrisonjameschris2

It's the first track 'Tribal', it's not too bad, but please keep in mind that he's sampled my playing, but it still sounds pretty cool... Some of it I think he also changed the guitar line to sound like synth, its not how I would've done it necessarily, but nevertheless, I think it sounds ok... (For Ambient-Electronica sort of stuff, anyway... ;) )

I started writin demos with the intention of creating a band back at easter, and now I have that band! We are called At Sunrise and we set up our myspace about a week ago, at the moment there are only samples from the pre-production demos up, but we're gonna put a couple of full tracks up over the next couple of weeks and in september we are recording our E.P and shooting a music video.

Check us out at:

www.myspace.com/atsunriseuk

and add us if you like what you hear :)

Thanks

Matt

Also, my cousin for whom I played the guitar for his recording has posted the track up on his myspace:

www.myspace.com/harrisonjameschris2

It's the first track 'Tribal', it's not too bad, but please keep in mind that he's sampled my playing, but it still sounds pretty cool... Some of it I think he also changed the guitar line to sound like synth, its not how I would've done it necessarily, but nevertheless, I think it sounds ok... (For Ambient-Electronica sort of stuff, anyway... ;) )

that track is pretty prog for an electronica song! i like it

i just started a little techno/trance project for kicks and giggles

CHECK IT OUT www.myspace.com/seaoflies07

Not bad. Hmm, the pauses in rythms sounds a bit off at first glance.

I´m sick of the repetiveness of the techno genre rythms. At least that´s how I picture the genre, after only recognizing the most famous tracks, I guess.
So come to think of it, I can actually regard those breaks as something fresh and a bit interesting...

Great tunes, Lasse!

I never enjoy growls as main singing technique, but musically, this sounds as good as any in the deadlier metal styles, that I´ve heard. (I´m no expert)

Great musicianship by all three. However, the drums sound a bit distorted, though...

I started writin demos with the intention of creating a band back at easter, and now I have that band! We are called At Sunrise and we set up our myspace about a week ago, at the moment there are only samples from the pre-production demos up, but we're gonna put a couple of full tracks up over the next couple of weeks and in september we are recording our E.P and shooting a music video.

Check us out at:

www.myspace.com/atsunriseuk

and add us if you like what you hear :)

Thanks

Matt

Great music, and what a great sound to!
Very interesting to see if lyrics and singing will be as good as this...

Great music, and what a great sound to!
Very interesting to see if lyrics and singing will be as good as this...

Thanks very much man, I checked out your stuff, that harp improvisation is fantastic, you must be an amazing keyboard player, do you play in any bands? I thought the metal track on your page had some great ideas, I was looking at putting orchestral stuff in my bands music when i first started writing it but eventually decided it was unsuitable except for a bit of strings here and there!

There will be a demo with vocals coming up in the next week or so, but the vocals wont be recorded at as high quality as the rest of the demo, itll just be to give the sort of idea of how they will sound, but at the end of september we should be recording a few of our songs properly! :cool:

Big thanks, Matt! :)
And thanks for the add...

No, I don't play in any band. Since I got started with serious music education, I also got stuck in the classical piano tradition to lock myself in a practise room for hours and hours.
But regretly I haven't had time to time to either practise much, or achieve musical dreams since I got too occupied with work.
Lately though, I slowly by slowly got more experience in recording my music.

I agree that your band would probably be being better off without orchestral stuff, if you want to keep it that heavy. Maybe further back in the sound balance compared to my tune, if any. That could work, depending on how it's done, I suppose. Oh, and what the songs are about, of course.

Looking forward to hear the singing effort alot, regardless of it's sound quality.
Good luck with this and more!

Repost from Myspace:

""The time for the elder races was ending soon, for now the balance is thwarted and Chaos rules all fifteen planes of the universe!"

"Time of the Sword Rulers" is about to be released. This CD is a tribute to Skelator's golden era back in San Diego. We have Re-Mixed and Re-Mastered both "Swords" and "Gore of War" and put it on one CD including some unreleased bonus tracks. Check out the new album cover in our Pics page.

Skelator and Fallen Angels will be holding a CD release show on October 24th at King Cobra in Seattle. Both albums are being released simultaneously by Metal on Metal Records. We will be recording both bands for an upcoming split live album.

We are also working on new material for our next album "Death to All Nations". This will be our most epic recording project to date. Right now we have three new songs ready to play live, "For Death and Glory", "Victory (Henry V)" and "Stormbringer & Mournblade". We are very excited about all of this and can't wait to have good demo's up online.

THE WORLD IS OURS TO CONQUER!"

And the album artwork:
l_9ce52c72181db4b70e60e1c2df7125c8.jpg

I just saw that about 5 minutes ago. Completely different from the original concept, but it's fuckin' awesome IMO.