The Official Doom Thread

I've heard them now! This shit rocks, added to my To Buy list. :kickass:

More of a sludge thing I suppose but fuckin' NOOTHGRUSH are a recent find that blow me away.

Also there's Pallbearer because I was hooked at their cover of Gloomy Sunday.

But honestly I really need more Candlemass in my collection. I only have Nightfall.

Not an official reco because the genre is not where I dwell anymore (how many times have I written that lately…) but this French band seems to be all the rage amongst fans of sludge and trad doom. I’ve seen them put on a level with Electic Wizard, and I must say, from listening to the album only once, it’s pretty fucking solid stuff!!!

So Doomcifer, Swizzlenuts et al, grab your headphones…

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an official reco because the genre is not where I dwell anymore (how many times have I written that lately…) but this French band seems to be all the rage amongst fans of sludge and trad doom. I’ve seen them put on a level with Electic Wizard, and I must say, from listening to the album only once, it’s pretty fucking solid stuff!!!

So Doomcifer, Swizzlenuts et al, grab your headphones…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6tX89zAS1M

Ehh, seems like it trying to do a funeral doom thing in a trad doom setting, but missing the reason why both are great.

What the hell was that band that Tim said he would put out. They only put out a demo and it was doomy and epic?

Condenados? There's one of those bands on Eyes like Snow as well, it's called Il Segno Command or some shit but it's solid

Dismal atmospheric blackened doom from potato land. The grating chords of agony will turn in to purrs of serenity after a few minutes. Makes for good "chill out" music. :devil:

:Shedevil:

Last edited by a moderator:
PROCESSION-To-Reap-Heavens-Apart.jpg

STREAMING IN FULL HERE:

http://www.rockhard.de/news/newsarc...entieren-to-reap-heavens-apart-im-stream.html

LOVE the cover

(except the type; trajan pro should be fucking forbidden)

Wow, Death and Judgment is fucking intense..I was kind of let down with Destroyers of the Faith, but 3 tracks in this is a big step forward from their debut release..love it.

Isn't that the same font from While Heavent Wept's Vast Ochrymose Lachimose or whatever it's called?