The Official Doom Thread

From what I heard of the Pallbearer album, it was very mediocre as well. I'll admit that the sample size wasn't extensive enough though. It is/was streaming in it's entirety at NPR.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

The lead vocalist of Griftegard played guitar in House Of Aquarius?! haha I fucking love that band. The World Through Bloodred Eyes used to absolutely fucking OWN me back in '03. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

The Pallbearer leaked over a week ago and I've listened quite a few times. One of the primary problems is that half of the album was already on the demo (albeit with bassier production on the new one). However, it's still solid and the first track (Foreigner) is definitely killer.

Legendary cult atmospheric death/funeral doom metal band EVOKEN have completed work on their anticipated new full-length album, “Atra Mors”.

Seen as one of America’s forefathers of the death/funeral/doom metal movement and having forged in the early nineties where the New Jersey outfit, by incorporating such influences as old-school Paradise Lost, Disembowelment, Thergothon etc. would carve their own legacy in the annals of the doom metal movement as one of its pinnacle and essential bands. With a career spanning almost 20 years and four unparalleled full-length albums, all essential and classic in their own right, that define EVOKEN’s repertoire, “Atra Mors” (the Latin translation for “Black Death”) signals a new chapter and turning point in the EVOKEN legacy.

Recorded and committed to tape over a six-month period at Sound Spa studios in Edison, New Jersey, “Atra Mors” sees EVOKEN comprise their most ambitious album to date. While still upholding the utterly colossal, apocalyptic, and extraordinary heaviness the band have become synonymous for, “Atra Mors” sees EVOKEN embrace new ground by experimenting a bit more with the use of ambience and atmosphere, deploying a stronger sense of melody (and moments of tranquility) during some of the album’s discourse along with delivering moments that harken back to the ancient days of pure old-school death metal.

To be officially released July 31st, and what will serve as our official 100th milestone release, tracklisting for “Atra Mors” goes as follows:

1.Atra Mors
2.Descent Into Frantic Dream
3.A Tenebrous Vision
4.Grim Eloquence
5.An Extrinsic Divide
6.Requies Aeterna
7.The Unechoing Dead
8.Into Aphotic Devastation

AtraMors_Cover_500.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/evoken-an-extrinsic-divide

killer song right there, hope the rest will keep up. Nice cover too, photoshopped as hell, but I like what it evoke(n)s

I need to revisit this entire mess. Been far more into doom the last few years than ever before.

The only good doom is drug-induced doom.

Straight-edge Sabbath worship can suck it.

I need some Orodruin.

These and other musings, waiting 'round the corner of my ass.
See that was 5 years ago, and I really don't think that way anymore. Oddly enough, I finally procured an actual copy of Epicurean Mass like 3 months ago. :loco:

NAD, have you heard Blood Farmers? Their demo/album/whatever Permanent Brain Damage is so fucking good. Probably one of my favorite doom bands. It's trad doom with very long song, yet they spice it up with non traditional doom solos to keep you entertained. Plus it's all about horror movies.

Last edited by a moderator: