The Official Doom Thread

They softened up and laid on the 70's-prog stylings here and there. Being 2 discs, it really starts to drag: I don't think I've made it through the entire album at once yet in the while that I've been listening to it.

But it is pretty great, regardless. I recommend checking it out.

Anyone check out the new Apostle of Solitude? Besides the lamest album cover I've seen, the album is pretty damn good. It's a rather big change for the band. It's less straight forward and heavy, but it's got all the elements of doom that one can enjoy with a bit of progression in the songs. The song Letting Go of the Wheel is one of their best songs. The band is definitely progressing. Album art for the lulz:

apostleofsolitudecover.jpg

I enjoy the album...I hate the "bonus" covers.

Is it just me or does Frontiers of Pain have a sort of DM vibe? Eh, anyways..

yeah, the covers are pretty pointless. Even The Obsessed cover is meh.

I don't recall it having a DM vibe. I do dig the heavy metal part at the end of the album. It's fucking rokkin :kickass:

Anyone heard of Chilean band Procession? Pretty intense trad doom, the strings are so lush and crisp they could be made out of Swizzlenuts' beard offcuts.

A Warning vibe all over though slightly more epic and "alive". Digging this right now.

Front.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/231436763/T.C.O.D.Procession.Doomstermaniac.rar

This release craps all over Warning, sorry fanboys. It's alive right out of the gate, a tour de trad force, written on two stone tablatures on Mt. Doomus, carried down on mule back with the assistance of hired Mexicans to all those bright enough to pay heed. I'm surprised it didn't receive the adulation that it deserves. Or are we all past the trad doom fad of '08? [/confused]

Why can't we get shows like this around here?!? SMDH

Last edited by a moderator:
This release craps all over Warning, sorry fanboys. It's alive right out of the gate, a tour de trad force, written on two stone tablatures on Mt. Doomus, carried down on mule back with the assistance of hired Mexicans to all those bright enough to pay heed. I'm surprised it didn't receive the adulation that it deserves. Or are we all past the trad doom fad of '08? [/confused]

Why can't we get shows like this around here?!? SMDH

While I love Procession, it is still a bit lacking on the song writing. Not really close what Warning accomplished. Perhaps you just don't like the downess of it? If not Orodruin should suffice :kickass:

Maybe Procession's new album is better?

Destroyers of the Faith = rulage. There are comparisons to be made between them and Warning, but I have no interest in deciding which I'd prefer over the other (though I'd likely side with Warning)

Destroyers of the Faith = rulage. There are comparisons to be made between them and Warning, but I have no interest in deciding which I'd prefer over the other (though I'd likely side with Warning)

I had no idea that a new one even came out. Checking this out now! Ahhhhh yea :Smokedev:

Just listening to UNSILENCE for the first time. Seems OK. Can't really find any good youtube clips to put up, but this live one of "The Last Day" seems alright.

It is an absolute honor to announce to all of you that the mighty WHILE HEAVEN WEPT will be performing at the second installment of Days Of The Doomed Fest this June in Kenosha, WI!!! I'd like to share with you the official statement I received from the band:

"We're extremely happy to announce that we will be appearing at the Days Of The Doomed 2 festival in June 2012! We'd actually been in discussions with Mike even prior to the first edition, so this has been a long time coming indeed! While there was a time when we faced some challenges in making this happen, ultimately the planets have aligned! We look forward to sharing the stage with all of our old friends and bringing the music of While Heaven Wept to the midwest for the first time! Don't miss this event as it is the culmination of many years of "homegrown" Doom Metal events in the USA reaching a level of maturity and passion previously unseen!"

After months of negotiations, and many enjoyable conversations with Tom Phillips himself, I am extremely proud to be bringing the epic music of While Heaven Wept to Wisconsin and the midwest for the very first time! You do not
want to miss this rare opportunity to see While Heaven Wept perform on Day #2 of Days Of The Doomed Fest II!

I also have the pleasure of announcing that the masters of heaviness and volume known as SOLACE will also be making the trek to Days Of The Doomed Fest II! Prepare for ear damage!!!

In other fest news, I have been informed by Henry Vasquez that Blood of the Sun will be forced to pull out of Days Of The Doomed due to his commitment with Saint Vitus. This is 100% understandable, and I wish Henry and the legendary Saint Vitus all the best on their 2012 tour!

And don't forget the "Raffle of Doom" is in full swing!!! $5.00 gets you a shot at winning some seriously killer loot!!! Visit the official Days Of The Doomed Fest site (www.daysofthedoomed.com) for a full listing of what's up for grabs!

Tickets are on sale now, and will move fast! Visit www.daysofthedoomed.com to purchase tickets, and to get all the updates on Days Of The Doomed Fest II!

Anyone thinking of making it this year? If the army doesn't have me by the balls, i'll be there.

You know damn well I'll be there. It's even in fucking Wisconsin.

Bloodfarmers and Las Cruces? christ. Also when did Ogre get back together?

I think we can expect Ogre to come back every year just for this show or Doom To Be Doomed(and it's spin offs), but I havent seen them and I would fucking love it!