The Official Doom Thread

I found that Lamented Souls album at a resale shop. Anyone remember that one? With Vortex on vocals

Im actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. Sucks that it's a bunch of the same songs on there twice, but not bad for a cheap buy

That's one of the few Doom albums I owned back in the day (due entirely to fanboying over Vortex). I always dug "Hybris" and "Nemesis" but found a lot of the rest of it boring. I need to give it a re-listen.

I love that album. Havent heard shit else from them since. I think I saw them cover the Game of Thrones music on youtube though as a joke

i like pentagram. their 1st few are wonderful. however, their best material is Last Daze Here imo. i love that stuff.

Between the First Daze Here albums, the s/t , and Day of Reckoning, plus the odd track like 'If the Winds Would Change'... there's so much great material. Never bothered with anything more modern.

pentagram did most of their best stuff before any of the studio albums

be forewarned, lazy lady, starlady, forever my queen, etc

they took way too long to release a proper album and by the time it was 1985 i think the performances and production sounded a bit lifeless although a lot of the song material is solid

if they had gotten their shit together and released an album in 1975 it would have been absolutely unfuckwithable, but alas;

Reactions: Demilich and rms
pentagram did most of their best stuff before any of the studio albums

be forewarned, lazy lady, starlady, forever my queen, etc

they took way too long to release a proper album and by the time it was 1985 i think the performances and production sounded a bit lifeless although a lot of the song material is solid

if they had gotten their shit together and released an album in 1975 it would have been absolutely unfuckwithable, but alas;
first daze really killed their catalogue :lol: saw them last year and Bobby looks so bad

On songs like The Ghoul, Sinister, Relentless and Run My Course I find the lifeless quality works with the subject matter to produce a sinister atmosphere that I can't resist, though I do totally agree their 70s stuff was superior. The 80s version of older songs (20 Buck Spin for example) fall flat without the energy of the different musicians from the early band.

what's Last Chapter like? John Perez is sending me a free copy of Living Waters since my Brainticket order sat there for 3 weeks, all the while they were out of the CD i ordered.

I'm really enjoying The Living Waters with Rob Lowe on vocals. Aside from a couple weaker tracks (the two weird instrumental electronica tracks) it's a really strong album that is obviously very reminiscent of Solitude Aeturnus.

That's one of the few Doom albums I owned back in the day (due entirely to fanboying over Vortex). I always dug "Hybris" and "Nemesis" but found a lot of the rest of it boring. I need to give it a re-listen.

I did give it a re-listen and I like it more now than I did previously (when I only liked those two songs). There are a few duds but also some tracks that knock it outta the park.