the official who-are-you-thread

Name: Sarah
other bands I like: Angelzoom, Epica, Nightwish
How I Met Evergrey: I heard their cover of Yngwie's 'Rising Force'

I'm new here btw!

Name: Stuart
How i met EG: Strange really, I have a habit of searching for bands all the time, and Evergrey came up a lot. I decided to have a listen to the song Recreation Day, and it did little for me. Then I gave them another chance when a download site had the A Touch Of Blessing vid. I was impressed, I got The Inner Circle album, and I knew what love was :headbang:
Fav song: The Wake Of The Weary, Obedience, The Masterplan, hell so many choices
Other bands i like: Nocturnal Rites, Meshuggah, Symphony X, SiKth, Textures, Daath, Iced Earth, Children Of Bodom, many more I could mention :)

For pics just go to my myspace, its easier http://www.myspace.com/stuh84

Name: Sean
How i met EG:
A friend told me to listen to Recreation Day and I loved that, then I saw them live in Melbourne and went and brought the rest of the albums.:)

Fav songs: if I have to choose.... SOLITUDE WITHIN:headbang::headbang::headbang:, Mark of the triangle, In the wake of the weary, more than ever, etc....
Other Bands i like: Pain of Salvation, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Transcending Mortality, Into Eternity, Children Of Bodom, Trivium, Etc.....

I have no photos of my self and my cameras broken:p

Hello there. I'm Rob from Cornwall, England. I'm sorta new... I just drifted across from the Symphony X forum to see what's going on - I didn't know there was an Evergrey forum until now. I got into Evergrey from a couple of people on another music site who said that I'd like Evergrey because of the other stuff I like. They were right!!! :headbang:

Other bands I like: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Rush, Kamelot, Adagio, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God.

Fave tracks: Watching the Skies, Masterplan, She Speaks to the dead, Monday Morning Apocalypse

Rock on guys and girls!! :kickass:

Hi, my name is J.J. I'm 23 & I want to go to Belgium more than any place on the planet. I'm a native Floridian with serious women problems & an interest in European women from here on out.

I was intrduced to Evergrey about a year ago through some guys at one of my other forums. At first I thought they were a great band & I still do. I have SDT, ItSoT, & RD, but I should get some more of their stuff one of these days.

For me to list all the bands I really like would take a long time. Check my MySpace for that as well as some pictures for the hot ladies.

Name: Jacek
How i met EG:
My brother has a big cd collection. One day I borrowed some cds, and among these cds was Recreation Day. First their music was "ok", but after I bought TIC I began to love them :)... Then the other albums followed... And now I'm addicted :p...

Fav songs: really hard to tell, but I think:
Different Worlds, A Scattered Me, Solitude Within, Your Darkest Hour, Mark of the Triangle... this list would be too long...

Other Bands i like: Symphony X, Soilwork, Disarmonia Mundi, Green Carnation, Opeth, Black Sabbath, Sonic Syndicate, Iron Maiden, Opeth...

I will upload a pic next week... A Virus has devoured my hard disc ;(

Name: Amr
How i met EG: i really cant remember how i first heard them but all i know is that i haven't stopped listening to them ever since.
Their DVd was great and i'm looking forward for the next record.

Other bands: amon amarth, lamb of god, megadeth, katatonia, amorphis, samael, obituary etc...

DSC02001.jpg

a pic from the pain of salvation concert... i'm the one holding the plsatic bottle

l_c338120d95580764054e561a71fd06ea.jpg

Name: Joakim
How i met EG the first time:
A friend of mine worked with Micke back in 2004 at a recordstore, and he told me he met this awesome bassplayer and told me I should check his band out, so it went a couple of weeks til' the day before Metallica here in Gothenburg, when Evergrey had a signing/gig in that same store he worked in, so I was forced to go and meet with them and my friend, and I still haven't heard of them yet. So me and my friend helped them out, setting the stuffs up and then it was time for them to play.
We stod just next to Henrik while they played and DUDE I was totally blown away by their performance, their songs and everything. So I bought the record and chat with the guys for a while.

After that I've had a couple of private lessons with Henrik on guitar and stuffs which is really awesome since they're my absolute favourite band and he's really gooooood on guitar!

Fav songs: Can't choose, can only tell depending on my mood, but SDT always works best :)
Other Bands i like: Lamb of God, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Dead by April, Blind Guardian, Engel etc.

You can check out my band @ www.myspace.com/allusedmain
I sing and play lead guitar.

Hi,I'm from Moscow.The first time i meet EG was on DVD (A Night to remember) that i get from my friend.This an amazing band.Their music have all colours of life.They perfect,the Best!!!I LOVE THEM MUCH!!
Heh,about fav. songs..mmm..i think it's: The Masterplan, A Scattered Me, End of Your Days, Misled and Mark of The Triangle..Heh.
Wait for a NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Name : Henk
Nick : Havermout
How i met EG : It was back in '99 at the first ProgPower Festival in Holland, Tilburg. Never heard of them before and after 3 songs we left the venue, the sound was very bad, we didn't knew the songs and we were hungry (really...we were). A year later they also played at ProgPower (actually at the warming up party the night before the Festival day) It took them only 1 minute to hook me....the rest is history.
Live encounters: 10 times (the Netherlands, USA and Sweden!)
favourite song : Not a particular one, depends on the mood, but i always had a weakness for 'Every tear that falls'. The best part is that i've seen it live once, best EG memory ever!
picture : none available, i prefer to stand behind the camera!

Name: Marie
How i met EG: My dad, Greykiller to you guys, brought their cd home from one of the first progpower concerts that he went to and I feel in love with their music. Also met them in person after a concert.. last year i think it was? Can't really remember. And i'm short as it is, only 5'2"... standing next to Tom.... felt like a midget! :oops:

Songs that i like: basically all of them! :headbang:

Other bands: Nightwish FTW:worship:notworthy,Therion, Brainstorm, Queensryche ( before mindcrime 2 :puke: ) there are others, its late and i cant remeber them all :lol:

KiraPout.jpg

LOL thanks Saboona. Dad (greykiller) is the one that got me into metal and stuff, espciacially all the prog bands that i like!