THE one most disappointing moment of any Opeth song.

after that insane solo, instead of taking the orgasm further somehow, it just reverts back to some ballady sounding thing.

But that is a great part :cry: And it leads to one of the best Opeth moments ever.

My take on your question:

Has got to be the opening of "The Funeral Portrait". The first time I heard it I realized that I had become bored and didn't want to finish listening to the 'Blackwater Park' album. So sad.

Moonlapse said:
6:29 of Twilight is my Robe... after that insane solo, instead of taking the orgasm further somehow, it just reverts back to some ballady sounding thing.

No...way...:yuk:

That bit rules!!! Of course, your opinion so no disrespect. :loco:

I would have to say most of the track 'Deliverance'. I find it to be very boring and don't get why other fans seem to love it so much.

The 'Dith' rules
Deliverance is one of Opeth best moment and Patterns in the ivy rocks
headbob.gif

Hehe quite hard to find one because i'm too used to listen Opeth as it is : (Quite)Perfect :Spin:

The second verse of Master's Apprentices - one verse was fine, but the second makes it too repetitive IMO.

I think some of you misunderstand... I love that song with all my peepee just like all of Orchid, it's just that the rest of the album is constantly so solo-ey orgasmicy good, you'd think the most \m/ part of The Twilight is my Robe would kind of lead somewhere instead of kind of just reverting back and starting again.

I think that's what shits me about BRI... it stops, starts, climaxes then repeats the process like 5 times, haha.

And yeah the fade-in intro of The Funeral Portrait definately isn't Opeth's best, but I think it's one of their best songs (umm, which one isn't? haha), those leads are just yummmm.

@Static: that's kinda strange, im listening to Deliverance as we speak. I've realized that i've kind of grown bored of the entire album.. I never purposefully play any of the tracks, its just sometimes they come on and im like 'hey that's nice.... oh well, time for Forest of October'. But personally I think Deliverance is one of the more prominent tracks on the album (losing of course, to the one and only A Fair Judgement).

the fourth repetition of the opening bit in benighted could have been done without, but apart from that, there s NOTHING i would consider bad.

the song blackwater park, it starts off REALLY amazing for the first few minutes, then all of a sudden the climatic orgasm i was planning to have it cuts into a quiet acoustic bit and it lasts for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES, then cuts back into the heavy part, i always have to skip 5 minutes when i listen to that song or i just die of boredom.

haha, I could've guessed that kind of absent-minded philosophical style answer would've come from you :). (sorry too braindead from study tonight, my vocabulary isn't working).

yeah, I know Benighted is pretty easy, especially the intro part... it just takes me a while to get the rest down, and I can't be bothered... too many other things on right now to fully focus on learning another song, but thats definately a longer-term goal, I'll find the time eventually.

oh also, back to the topic. The fucking solos on BRI!!! know why? THEY'RE TOO SHORT!!!! They are the most amazing old-school pieces of metal I have ever heard and they are both sooooooo damned short... agh.

90% of the Deliverance album. But if you want a specific moment that fucks up a great song (for me), is that drum thing by itself, near the end of TBYF.

The lack of any real variety in "Dirge For November" is a bit disappointing, especially considering the quality of the tracks surrounding it. That's not to say that the song is any bad... far from it, it's a great song, but it's surrounded by masterpieces.

Don't know why all the negative talk about DELIVERANCE... All the songs on that album are incredible, the title track being the best one, in my opinion...

Metalmaster said:
But that is a great part :cry: And it leads to one of the best Opeth moments ever.

My take on your question:

Has got to be the opening of "The Funeral Portrait". The first time I heard it I realized that I had become bored and didn't want to finish listening to the 'Blackwater Park' album. So sad.

fuck yeah

i think the whole song sucks ass

i hate the funeral portrait
the only opeth song i dislike

it sounds too fuckin Toolish

Agreed about Deliverance... as I said, I never play that CD anymore, while Orchid is spinning almost constantly. Deliverance just doesn't have those Opeth layers, the stuff that keeps you coming back for more, I hope they don't completely standardize their music.