The Opeth Collector's Thread

Very nice collection gogsi. New in my collection is the japanese edition of The Roundhouse Tapes double CD. New and sealed with OBI.

Argh, you bought it from eBay, right? You won it form me if so :(

Nontheless, found another auction for the same item, and i recently won the japanese watershed issue for 16 usd.

Also, does anyone know if the first presses was released in japan? I can only find the 2000 reissues, and sometimes 2003, and now there's a new reissue coming up next month.

pict1071qx1.jpg

Here's the vinyls i currently have, not too many...but it'll grow eventually.
The MAYH and Ghost reveries were damaged quite badly, because of the pressure of the other vinyls when standing in the shelf...some parts were ripped of :cry::cry::cry:

Argh, you bought it from eBay, right? You won it form me if so :(

Nontheless, found another auction for the same item, and i recently won the japanese watershed issue for 16 usd.

Also, does anyone know if the first presses was released in japan? I can only find the 2000 reissues, and sometimes 2003, and now there's a new reissue coming up next month.

Yes i was the winner hehe. The other auction i also have seen. The japanese Watershed i also have at home. 16 USD are a good price. I have payed 10 USD or so. :D

Waht albumreleases? From the first 3 albums or what?

As far as I know, the first three was released in Japan by <Candlelight Japan> around 2006.
The only earlier Opeth japanese edition is Morningrise in 1999 or 1997. (There are three dates on the OBI: 97.10.21; 99.10.20; 1997)
This was released by Avalon.
I think this is the only one 'original' japanese edition...
The newer japanese presses (released by Candlelight Japan) were pressed in Taiwan actually... ;)

What is this thing with <new> japanese re-releases...?

As far as I know, the first three was released in Japan by <Candlelight Japan> around 2006.
The only earlier Opeth japanese edition is Morningrise in 1999 or 1997. (There are three dates on the OBI: 97.10.21; 99.10.20; 1997)
This was released by Avalon.
I think this is the only one 'original' japanese edition...
The newer japanese presses (released by Candlelight Japan) were pressed in Taiwan actually... ;)

What is this thing with <new> japanese re-releases...?

Allright, thanks for the info.

Yepp, there's a new issue of the three first coming up, saw it on http://hmv.co.jp

I have a handful of bootleg Opeth gigs, audio and video, that i'd gladly trade for some Katatonia bootlegs, preferably from The Great Cold Distance Tour.

I have a handful of bootleg Opeth gigs, audio and video, that i'd gladly trade for some Katatonia bootlegs, preferably from The Great Cold Distance Tour.

well mine is actualyl a shirt, i see them pop up from mexico now and again and i bought one, its from dance of december souls, im not sure if its official, im very skeptical

ive seen a few on ebay before, mostly live shows (one on vhs i believe) i think some are live in france and live in melbourne, but im not completly sure, they pop up on ebay now and again

I was actually talking about audio bootlegs, like, you know, Mayhem bootlegs and alike. I'm guessing it's kinda hard to get away with though, Roadrunner would probably sue your ass to hell if they found you?