The Opeth Collector's Thread

It's not that serious...
Bootlegging official releases is a real problem.
I can tell you, as a collector, that I am buying everything I can. (As so many of you...)
Doesn't matter if that one is a cheap chinese copy (I have few) or a Bulgarian cassette.
But if you are a common music listener, I think to buy the official editions is the correct way... You MUST buy the official release.

Live bootleg is a different thing...
I have dozens of live recordings. Got them in the good old trading circuit.
So if you are interested, you can find those people on the net, with the trading lists and you can trade with them.

I know this is not so simple in the US like in EU (metal detector gates). But the best way is to buy a micro recorder (Edirol, Zoom, Olympus, etc.) plus a mic and record the shows. You will get shitloads of live recordings for you own bootlegs! ;)

I was actually talking about audio bootlegs, like, you know, Mayhem bootlegs and alike. I'm guessing it's kinda hard to get away with though, Roadrunner would probably sue your ass to hell if they found you?

i actually don't own any bootlegs, interesting to hear live shows like that though, if the quality is any good, im sticking to official releases for now:)

I still need a few bits and bobs for my collection. Mainly all singles/promos. If anyone has a copy of The Drapery Falls Edit that they don't mind parting with, please PM me with a price.

The Drapery Falls is Ultra-supra-giga RARE! I was lucky enough to buy a copy 2 or 3 weeks ago for 90$.
And I think it worth every single cent of those 90...
:loco:

I also need some promos and singles.
First: the Deliverance single.
Then: The Blackwater Park Koch records promo (blue CD)
+ Ghost Of Perdition single (NOT the Selections From Ghost Reveries!)

And Finally: Still Day Beneath The Sun testpress (I thing I won't find any in my life... I missed one ~ 2 years ago. That was 60-70 $... F@ck!)

I still need a few bits and bobs for my collection. Mainly all singles/promos. If anyone has a copy of The Drapery Falls Edit that they don't mind parting with, please PM me with a price.

Just got my Blackwater Park 2CD special edition. One of the rarest Opeth collector items out there.

Just got my Blackwater Park 2CD special edition. One of the rarest Opeth collector items out there.

Music For Nations press or Music For Nations / Koch Records press?
The Music For Nations version is limited to 1000 pieces I think. I've got one, still sealed.

I also opened a topic about it, I just saw a particular item on eBay.
It's a score book for the song Porcelain Heart which was available as promotional item with the purchase of Watershed.
It has hand-written liner notes by Akerfeldt and a PRS Guitars logo on the cover.
Did anyone here know about this? Is it rare?

The Drapery Falls is Ultra-supra-giga RARE! I was lucky enough to buy a copy 2 or 3 weeks ago for 90$.
And I think it worth every single cent of those 90...
:loco:

I also need some promos and singles.
First: the Deliverance single.
Then: The Blackwater Park Koch records promo (blue CD)
+ Ghost Of Perdition single (NOT the Selections From Ghost Reveries!)

And Finally: Still Day Beneath The Sun testpress (I thing I won't find any in my life... I missed one ~ 2 years ago. That was 60-70 $... F@ck!)
Almost the same, if I can find the Deliverance single it will be great for sure ! And one day (who knows ?) the testpress for Still Day I'll be happy :Smokin:

Finally got my "Morningrise" and "My Arms" mc, on Metal Mind instead of Turkish crappy version ! :kickass:

mcli8.jpg

Still searching for the Deliverance...

i'd like to buy a still day test press, although i don't think i'll ever see one in my lifetime, i'll be happy enough if i can track down a grey one

Finally got my "Morningrise" and "My Arms" mc, on Metal Mind instead of Turkish crappy version ! :kickass:

mcli8.jpg

Still searching for the Deliverance...

What the hell, that damnation tape, that must be indonesian or something, right? The turkish MAYH is kinda interesting to me :)

And both of us are searching for Deliverance...shit.

well i bought mine for 150$ but as of late (because of re-releases) they have been going for under 70$, the price might shoot back up when they release a new album, and all the re-releases are sold out