The Opeth Collector's Thread

Cool. Looks great. I want this tape. It´s mine hahahahaha.

PS:

The seller of the bootleg LP did not want to come at my prize suggestion of 35 euros. He wants to have furthermore 50 euros.

^ they get really rare, samplers are getting more expensive all the time, same with promos

Thank you for your help, isolation years! I just bought myself a sample CD of "Morningrise". I hope it will rise in value.:p

I have one more question I hoped you or other collectors could help me with.

I have been offered to buy a Promo-DVD from "The Roundhouse Tapes". Do you know if this exists/was ever released or if it is fake? I got a scan of the dvd and it looks exactly like the regular DVD without "Promo" written on it.

I could also put a picture of it here. Is it possible to attach JPG-files in this forum, or can it only be a URL?

^it's probably already worth quite a bit, ask gogsi and ka-nucht tut-mesut, they know this a bit better than i do (im mostly a vinyl guy :))

im not sure, i know they released the cd as a promo, its fair they may have released the dvd as well.

i think it has to be a URL, so you'd have to attach a link from a site like imageshack or something

Thank you for your help, isolation years! I just bought myself a sample CD of "Morningrise". I hope it will rise in value.:p

I have one more question I hoped you or other collectors could help me with.

I have been offered to buy a Promo-DVD from "The Roundhouse Tapes". Do you know if this exists/was ever released or if it is fake? I got a scan of the dvd and it looks exactly like the regular DVD without "Promo" written on it.

I could also put a picture of it here. Is it possible to attach JPG-files in this forum, or can it only be a URL?

I've never heard about Roundhouse Tapes DVD promo, but it could exist. At least it is suspicious, if there is no promo written on the CD or the cover. It would be great to see a picture.

It would be also great to see a picture of the Morningrise sampler... Do you mean it is a promo CD in cardboard sleeve...?

Cheers,
Gogsi

I've never heard about Roundhouse Tapes DVD promo, but it could exist. At least it is suspicious, if there is no promo written on the CD or the cover. It would be great to see a picture.

It would be also great to see a picture of the Morningrise sampler... Do you mean it is a promo CD in cardboard sleeve...?

Cheers,
Gogsi

Thank you for your help Ka-Nacht Tut-Mesut, Gogsi and scandigypt!

"The Roundhouse Tapes" Promo DVD is in a plastic PVC-sleeve, just like described in the musik-sammler-website. It was interesting to hear that they did the same thing with Porcupine Trees "Nil Recurring" EP. Is there a way you can put up attachments on this forum without being URLs? I have a picture of the promo DVD and would like to put it up as an JPG-attachment and not like a URL.

The "Morningrise" -sampler is a CD in jewel case with stickers on it. This is the information regarding sample CDs I got from Chicago Overstock, the company I bought the CD from. I haven't got an actual picture of the sample CD but can take a picture of it when I receive it in the post.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/CHICAGO-OVERSTOCK-Inc/ABOUT-SAMPLE-CDS.htmll

"The Roundhouse Tapes" Promo DVD is in a plastic PVC-sleeve, just like described in the musik-sammler-website. It was interesting to hear that they did the same thing with Porcupine Trees "Nil Recurring" EP.

Nil Recuring isn't a Dvd ? No ?
For me Promo DVD, really I don't care....:lol:

Is there a way you can put up attachments on this forum without being URLs? I have a picture of the promo DVD and would like to put it up as an JPG-attachment and not like a URL.
You can go to imageshack.us an upload your pics and then post the link, it will give you, here

The "Morningrise" -sampler is a CD in jewel case with stickers on it. This is the information regarding sample CDs I got from Chicago Overstock, the company I bought the CD from. I haven't got an actual picture of the sample CD but can take a picture of it when I receive it in the post.

Is it written "Sample", or "Promo" or anything else on it ?
Never really see promo cd of the firsts three albums... except for Orchid, someone have post a pic in this topic a long time ago.

Nil Recuring isn't a Dvd ? No ?
For me Promo DVD, really I don't care....:lol:

You can go to imageshack.us an upload your pics and then post the link, it will give you, here

Is it written "Sample", or "Promo" or anything else on it ?
Never really see promo cd of the firsts three albums... except for Orchid, someone have post a pic in this topic a long time ago.

No, I thought "Nil Recurring" was an EP, but still it is interesting if some labels put exactly the same CD or DVD as the released one in a plastic PVC-sleeve and then suddenly call it a Promo.:)

Thank you regarding the tip regarding imageshack.us.

I don't know if it is written sample on it since I haven't received the CD yet. On the examples from the link I put up earlier I saw that some CD's had a sticker with "Sample" on. I saw that Blackhorse Experience had a promo CD from "My Arms Your Hearse" and this is also featured on the musik-sammler website:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/139689

I also saw on Blackhorse Experience's list that he had featured a "Morningrise" Japanese Promo, a "Morningrise" Candlelight Promo tape, a "My Arms, Your Hearse" Candlelight Promo CD distributed by Plastic Head and a "My Arms, Your Hearse" Century Media Promo CD distributed by Century Black.

Here are two photos of MAYH Century Black promo:

MAYH_promo_k_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

MAYH_promo_back_k_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg