The Opeth Collector's Thread

Is it just me, or is this ebay listing actually the 2008 vinyl release, and not the original 2003 LP like it suggests? I've seen the 2008 ones pop up before listed as original, and some people are really dumb, so I guess it's possible...

yea i can see how this is misleading but people like us who are ally the ones who would be after such a thing would know that the 180g gatefold is the 2008 re-release regardless of what it says

+1

Wow thanks for your pics :worship:
It's awesome !

I have just bought a new gem to my Opeth-collection, the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD! :kickass: Your copy looked beautiful, ToMnEt, so I really look forward to receive mine in the post! It definately will be one of my highest treasured gems!

I also bought the "Grand Conjuration" promo DVD and the test pressings for "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms Your Hearse". I saw you also had them in your collection, ToMnEt. Do you know how many copies that are made of these test pressings?

I have just bought a new gem to my Opeth-collection, the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD! :kickass: Your copy looked beautiful, ToMnEt, so I really look forward to receive mine in the post! It definately will be one of my highest treasured gems!

Oh, no...! :(
These are from Ebay, aren't?
I put this 3 piece promo auction to my watched items folder for a later bidding, but I think you've offered directly to the seller, so he/she ended the auction early...

Sneaky... :ill:
How much did you pay for these?

I also bought the "Grand Conjuration" promo DVD and the test pressings for "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms Your Hearse". I saw you also had them in your collection, ToMnEt. Do you know how many copies that are made of these test pressings?

Where did you found the test pressings?

Post pics when you received it ! :)

...the test pressings for "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms Your Hearse". I saw you also had them in your collection, ToMnEt. Do you know how many copies that are made of these test pressings?
I don't remember exactly, but not too much 50 ? 100 ?
Where have you found them ? I've see nothing on ebay !

And a little information, my tests pressings are for the last re-release on vinyls (the couloured ones) They are all black.

Post pics when you received it ! :)

I don't remember exactly, but not too much 50 ? 100 ?
Where have you found them ? I've see nothing on ebay !

And a little information, my tests pressings are for the last re-release on vinyls (the couloured ones) They are all black.

I am sorry Gogsi! I will tell you immediately if I see anyone selling the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD! I paid 100 GBP for the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD and the "Grand Conjuration" promo DVD. I didn't buy the "Selections from Ghost Reveries" promo CD since I already have this. I will try to send pictures of the promo CD, but it looks exactly the same as the pictures you sent earlier, ToMnEt. I just wonder, there is no promo-number on either the CD itself or on the booklet. Do you have this on your CD? The Roadrunner-logo on the CD is grey on my copy. Is yours the same?

I found the "Orchid", the "Morningrise" and the "My Arms Your Hearse" test pressings on eBay. Thank you for the information regarding how many copies that were made. I will send a new post when I receive the test pressings regarding if they are from the last re-release on vinyls.

I also bought the "Deliverance" promo CD and another copy of "The Roundhouse Tapes" promo CD, by the way. :)

Oh...I´m also a Opeth collector but I wouldn´t pay 100 GBP for a promo CD.
At the time I´m not so fanatic with Opeth items that I would pay fantasyprices for some ones.

But I think I have very much Opeth things in my collection. But I also think that I need some other cds and records from other bands.

I don't post 'round here much (but I am a HUGE Opeth fan...don't worry:)), but I figured I'd stop by to a) gloat and b) ask a quick question...

I've been rounding up the Opeth discography on Vinyl over the past few weeks and I managed to score a new/unopened copy of Ghost Reveries for only 15 bucks :)heh:). I'm wondering if there are different versions of this floating around. I ask because I could've sworn I'd seen a gatefold version of it online before. I could very well be wrong, so I figured I'd check with the experts.

BTW, I'm loving some of you guys' collections. I don't foresee myself getting as into it as some of you (trying to get promo versions, every different pressing of each record, etc.), but I definitely admire the dedication.