The Opeth Collector's Thread

wow 15 bucks for ghost reveries is a pretty good deal i paid around 30 for mine with shipping mine was sealed at the time to but thats a good find

I don't post 'round here much (but I am a HUGE Opeth fan...don't worry:)), but I figured I'd stop by to a) gloat and b) ask a quick question...

I've been rounding up the Opeth discography on Vinyl over the past few weeks and I managed to score a new/unopened copy of Ghost Reveries for only 15 bucks :)heh:). I'm wondering if there are different versions of this floating around. I ask because I could've sworn I'd seen a gatefold version of it online before. I could very well be wrong, so I figured I'd check with the experts.

BTW, I'm loving some of you guys' collections. I don't foresee myself getting as into it as some of you (trying to get promo versions, every different pressing of each record, etc.), but I definitely admire the dedication.

wow fuck, how did you come across a deal on GR like that ?

Some dealer on Amazon Marketplace had a single new copy for 15 bucks and I clicked the "one-click shopping" button before I had a chance to even really process what i'd seen. I thought about selling it right away, but I'm going to hold on to it for at least a while.

Hey guys, i know this may be impossible nowadays but does anyone know where to find the Still Life Vinyl LP? I know that only 1000 copies are out there but i always hope to find one :p It's the only vinyl i'm missing to complete my vinyl collection

Hey guys, i know this may be impossible nowadays but does anyone know where to find the Still Life Vinyl LP? I know that only 1000 copies are out there but i always hope to find one :p It's the only vinyl i'm missing to complete my vinyl collection

Yeah ebay and often up to 200 us dollars for it...

Some dealer on Amazon Marketplace had a single new copy for 15 bucks and I clicked the "one-click shopping" button before I had a chance to even really process what i'd seen. I thought about selling it right away, but I'm going to hold on to it for at least a while.

Yeah I bought two so I had one to sell and one to enjoy. I guess whenever I'm in dire need of money I can sell my copy but for now I'm keeping it. I was actually a bit disappointed with the Opeth vinyls I have. The quality of Blackwater Park was pretty bad and Ghost Reveries was OK but the CD was better. MAYH (pic disc) and Damnation are on their way though...

Yep, for Still Life, Ebay is a good solution.
Recently you can find at least 3 copies selling...

I always thought to make a list with this name:
"Things that do not exist..."

Here are few:
- The Roundhouse Tapes vinyl
- The Roundhouse Tapes cassette (a must!) :)
- Still Life japanese edition
- Watershed cassette

Please add if you have ideas!

To much money. Search in the advanced searfunction from ebay only for russian products and you can find many russian Opeth pressing. Watershed, too. For 13 Dollars. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.de/OPETH-My-Arms-Yo...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.de/OPETH-Watershed-...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.de/OPETH-Morningris...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

At this moment there are not so many cds from russia in ebay.

This is not the same version ! This just meant that his guy living in Russia and selling a version of Watershed. And not exactly a russian version.

You can buy an european version to a japanese guy.....

No.I asked the seller and he said it would be a Russian version.
But you can ask him, too.

But I think 25 Dollar is to much for this cd. But the big fat OBI strip is very sexy. :D

No.I asked the seller and he said it would be a Russian version.
But you can ask him, too.

But I think 25 Dollar is to much for this cd. But the big fat OBI strip is very sexy. :D
No I didn't ask it. It was just on the other, we see well the Obi which is "sexy" as you said.

No I'm not interested by russian or another country's version (except japan) otherwise you can buy tons...
But good luck if you buy ones of these versions :)

The Drapery Falls Promo

I think it´s very rare but _I also think that this item would be very high in price.
Over 100 Dollars I think. That is to much for me for a 1 track cd.
I´m a hugh and freaky Opeth fan but Some things become too expensive for me and My conscience says no.

After viewing all of you guys' fantastic collections, I got the final inspiration to start an Opeth collection. I've been thinking about it for several years, but it hasn't felt right...until now :) I've got every release on CD, but now I've decided to expand my collection to multiple pressings, as many as possible of course. I've been an Opeth fan since 1996 so this was a long time coming ;)

I've been trying to make a checklist for every release, based on Ka-Nacht Tut-Mesut's (thanks for the great and extensive Excel-sheet!) and Blackhorse Experience's collections and trying to add the few which weren't in either. I'd love to have all releases listed with all the info Ka-Nacht Tut-Mesut has in his sheet, if anyone knows where to get more info of the accurate sort I'd be delighted!

As for my own collection, it's in its cradle as of yet, but it'll come along nicely when my eBay purchases of the last week start arriving ;)

Orchid CD 1st press UK
Morningrise CD reissue with bonus track
My Arms, Your Hearse CD 1st press UK
My Arms, Your Hearse 2LP Gatefold, blue vinyl /1000
Still Life CD digipak reissue
Blackwater Park 2CD slipcase EU reissue
Deliverance CD 1st press digipak
Damnation CD 1st press digipak
Ghost Reveries CD 1st press EU
Ghost Reveries CD/DVD Mexico press special edition
Lamentations DVD EU
The Roundhouse Tapes 2CD 1st press digipak EU
Watershed CD/DVD EU special edition
Mellotron Heart CD promo single /300
The Roundhouse Tapes DVD slipcase limited edition with postcards

And with all the stuff that's coming in, the collection'll be doubled up in a matter of weeks :)

Yippee! I am one of the winners of the Opeth test-pressings! Congratulations to all of you other winners out there! This will in addition to the Opeth test-pressings I have of the three first albums (only 5 copies in the world!!) be one of the rarest gems in my collection!!

:kickass:

:headbang: