The politics thread

that's crazy!

the last thing we want is another war with Lebanon.....and only because of those damn hezballah.
it started so fast, and now it seems like a big war.....

to much people who suffer......

Politic is a circle that you cannot escape from, I hope we will be able to create Harmony, such as the one Orphaned Land's music created and united people from all nations ands cultures - it's about time to wake up and create heaven on earth, all we ever wanted and all we ever needed is here in our arms.

Ko_B said:
Politic is a circle that you cannot escape from, I hope we will be able to create Harmony, such as the one Orphaned Land's music created and united people from all nations ands cultures - it's about time to wake up and create heaven on earth, all we ever wanted and all we ever needed is here in our arms.

Your words in all religions god ears....

Hey all, it's been quite a while since I've posted here but I always lurk around the Orphaned Land board and listen to the wonderful music they make.
I didn't expect to post here on such a sad occasion but that's the way it is. I'm so obset with what's going on, I just want it to stop period. They say Politics is about taking sides and knowing where you stand, but for God's sake we are in the 21st century, enough blood has been shed and we do not need more...
We should all be sharing the thoughts expressed by Kobi in his post. Let's just hope leaders get back to their senses and realise what they are doing is not the answer.
Hope dies last...
Cheers,:)

Hello People from Earth

First of all: The interests of policy separate people, we are very far from the antique Greek values, or from ancient Egypt diplomacy's wisdom.

Now about the role of the music and relationship and friendship, in August 2005, I was at home and watched an interesting tv report about the encounter of Israely and Arabian classical musicians organized by the Maestro Daniel Barenboïm and an Palestinian Maestro (sorry I don't remember his name) and together with wonderful music of Mozart it was peace, and in the same time, all these people were communicating and speaking about life (at this occasion, they realised that they had a lot in commun) and this fact has created an harmony like the music.
If those people are able to talk to each other it shows that the difference between them is not that important.

Take good care of the Earth

Lionel

Falconspirit said:
Hey all, it's been quite a while since I've posted here but I always lurk around the Orphaned Land board and listen to the wonderful music they make.
I didn't expect to post here on such a sad occasion but that's the way it is. I'm so obset with what's going on, I just want it to stop period. They say Politics is about taking sides and knowing where you stand, but for God's sake we are in the 21st century, enough blood has been shed and we do not need more...
We should all be sharing the thoughts expressed by Kobi in his post. Let's just hope leaders get back to their senses and realise what they are doing is not the answer.
Hope dies last...
Cheers,:)

amen
is everythig ok where you live?

paradoxile said:
amen
is everythig ok where you live?

Hey mate, thanks for asking. Yes you can say it's pretty safe right now where I live, it's mostly the capital Beirut and the South that are being attacked ( as you may have noticed in the news ). How about you guys, I hope it's not too bad :erk: .
The Security council is holding a session to discuss a ceasefire right now, lets hope it works.
Be safe!
Cheers,

Falconspirit said:
Hey mate, thanks for asking. Yes you can say it's pretty safe right now where I live, it's mostly the capital Beirut and the South that are being attacked ( as you may have noticed in the news ). How about you guys, I hope it's not too bad :erk: .
The Security council is holding a session to discuss a ceasefire right now, lets hope it works.
Be safe!
Cheers,

I really can't say if it's that bad because I live in the center...
there have been dead and wounded because of the rocket shootout...
I don't think any council is going to help until hizbollah will agree to disarm completely...but let's hope it does...
it's unbelievable how in a few days the situation got escalated to this...
be safe my orphaned brother!

i'm happy to hear that all of you are okay. i hope that there will be a solution soon because it is no way of living when you have to think about "am i safe here" all day. It scares me, too, and everyday i'm reading the news i'm shocked again.

Take care of yourselves if other ones can't!!!!

Middle East is the land where the earliest civilizations has been born. During the last time of Babylon, Abraham, had two child, Ismail and Ishak. The race of Arabs are coming from Ismail and Jews are coming from Ishak's son Jakob. Arabians and Jews are a bit like Habil and Kabil, who are brothers who speak a very similar language, but also who are cruel to each others.

In the Bible, these one brother has killed the other. But Sumerians written about the same story at least 1500 earlier than Bible. They used to believe that, Gilgamesh and Enkudu really got very good friends after fighting.

RamsesII- I saw that documentary as well, and I kept some of the statements from mr Barenboim, because I thought he was so right!
Here are some of the things he said:
Culture in general- and music specifically provide for an alternative model for conflict.
It's good to have a dream, but in dreams you cannot solve anything- in reality you can.

So concerning the questions raised about opening a political thread, I think the first line I quoted offers a justification for this thread. I believe this is what Orphaned Land stands for, opening a dialogue between all people on a positive level. And already I see posts from a Lebanses fan inhere. And that makes me happy, as long as we are still talking to one another, hope is not lost.

I am sparing a few moments of my thoughts every day for friends in Israel, Lebanon and Syria. I hope everyone is safe and the hostilities end soon.
As for this thread, as long as we keep it decent, it is better to "fight" through words than through weapons!

Damn, I really hope all of this ends between Israel and Lebanon. This could turn out really badly if Syria gets involved... and if Syria gets involved, then Iran gets involved. Ugh.