The production of Paradise Lost

Did anyone read the customer review on Amazon from the guy who said that PL's production was horrible? The guy is claiming that it was painful to listen to this album. What?!!!! I swear, some people who think they know everything just have to criticise for the sake of criticising. He paints himself as some sort of "audio-file" who we should all pay attention to. I mean, I highly doubt that more than a handful of record producers in America would have any harsh criticism of this album, but this guy says it's one of the worst produced albums ever.

Anyway, I got a good laugh about it because I think the guy is insane! Any fan of metal should love the production on this album. It absolutely kicks you in the head from start to finish. Maybe that's the pain this pussy was describing.

Ah yes, the poster child for maturity raises his head here, sad....

My comment was based on his lashing of PL on the PP Forum, and seemingly not liking anything about PL. Maybe he IS Bi-Polar? All I did was ask a question. I have no problem with you, or anybody else not liking the new Sy-X.

Did anyone read the customer review on Amazon from the guy who said that PL's production was horrible? The guy is claiming that it was painful to listen to this album. What?!!!!
Yeah, I shook my head at that too. Maybe he's gone deaf from too many concerts. Dance Of Death is bad production (flat as hell)...St. Anger is bad production (worst of all time)...Paradise Lost is excellent production with both power and clarity.

My comment was based on his lashing of PL on the PP Forum, and seemingly not liking anything about PL. Maybe he IS Bi-Polar? All I did was ask a question. I have no problem with you, or anybody else not liking the new Sy-X.

To you it "seemingly" looked like he didn't like anything about it. But in fact, he never mentioned bass tone until he did so here...so he actually found something good about PL & wanted to share. You can read can't you? You are educated aren't you? I'm simply asking a question. I have no problem with you or anybody else liking the new SX.

You see...it doesn't matter how you put it...it still looks bad.

To you it "seemingly" looked like he didn't like anything about it. But in fact, he never mentioned bass tone until he did so here...so he actually found something good about PL & wanted to share. You can read can't you? You are educated aren't you? I'm simply asking a question. I have no problem with you or anybody else liking the new SX.

You see...it doesn't matter how you put it...it still looks bad.

My question wasn't based on his liking of the bass tone, but on his overall view of PL. I'm GLAD he found something he likes. I'm quite surprised he likes ANYTHING. :heh: To answer your questions, Yes, & Yes.
I really don't care how it looks. Never have, and I NEVER will. If Jax wants a yesman in this position, she better fire my ass this instant. Am I supposed to praise SyXified and pat him on the head because he LIKES something? Should I call him out when he posts negative stuff on other forums? Should I not express my views on how the label & the management have fucked over
just about every aspect of this release from the tour dates, to the cover art, to the DVD? If you are referring to me looking bad as a mod (or even as a person, for that matter), I'm NOT your typical mod. Not quite a loose cannon, but I won't hesitate to say what's on my mind. I don't really care who it does, or doesn't rub the wrong way. Some people like me for that, and others don't. Life's too fucking short to get butthurt about it.

Yeah I saw that guy review on amazon, but I disagree. I mean, I know that he want to sound really intelligent when he said that he openned the song with a .wav program. But man, a lot of good metal band have the mix as saturated as PL. Maybe that guys is use to mix some country stuff or wathever!!