The Q/A Thread.

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
Pretty obvious what this is about. Be interesting for people to post questions here and stem discussions off of them without fear of being flamed for being a "noob" or what have you. I'll start us off with something I've always thought about.

What is your theory on how the universe was created or came to be?

My theory is that as a species we have no fucking clue yet. There are inconsistencies in the big bang theory that no one has come close to explaining yet. I think the conception of the universe is still well beyond our ability to understand.

Probably over half of the human population believes it was created by a God. I personally don't know. The big bang theory seems kind of hard to believe, too. I cant fathom how all matter in the universe was all once concentrated into a tiny little dot.

I just can't bite into the big bang theory myself. It just seems inconceivable to me that something so small, could "explode" into something so vast, and evergrowing. I mean I continually ask myself, "Well if the big bang theory is true, what caused the bang in the first place?" "What exactly was the matter/energy in itself prior to the "big bang" itself."

Everytime I think about the big bang, I always refer back to those two questions, along with many others. I honestly think that the big bang thing is just too simple. With the complexness of the universe, I think it would almost be an insult to believe that our entire existence is based off of something so simple.

I personally believe that humans, no matter how many years pass, no matter the technology, will never figure it out. I think that if there is really anything impossible, solving this question definitely is.

My theory is that as a species we have no fucking clue yet. There are inconsistencies in the big bang theory that no one has come close to explaining yet. I think the conception of the universe is still well beyond our ability to understand.

x10000000000000000000000000000

King Richard, I don't know the exacts anymore, but I do remeber some of the physics of the 11 dimensional theaory as well as many of the concepts of the big bang itself.

I recommend teh Author Michio Kaku. (Hyperspace and Parralel Worlds) One fucking hell of an asian genius. And a really good authour.

EDIT: I may have to dig out some of my old cosmology and theorectical physics books (I was a strange child)

I just can't bite into the big bang theory myself. It just seems inconceivable to me that something so small, could "explode" into something so vast, and evergrowing. I mean I continually ask myself, "Well if the big bang theory is true, what caused the bang in the first place?" "What exactly was the matter/energy in itself prior to the "big bang" itself."

Everytime I think about the big bang, I always refer back to those two questions, along with many others. I honestly think that the big bang thing is just too simple. With the complexness of the universe, I think it would almost be an insult to believe that our entire existence is based off of something so simple.

I personally believe that humans, no matter how many years pass, no matter the technology, will never figure it out. I think that if there is really anything impossible, solving this question definitely is.
I agree. It's easier to believe that matter always existed (which is what I believe). Life on Earth formed as single cells, due to favorable conditions and the right comination of elements and chemicals, and then evolved into more complex life over millions of years. This (the theory of evolution) I can grasp quite easily. But the big bang as the birth of the universe I can't quite believe or comprehend.

parallel_worlds.jpg

He's quite acssesible for a theoretical physicist

To comprehend big bang think of it like this. With our current technology we can observe that all objects in the universe are slowly moving apart from each other. Now reverse this process. All objects move toward each other until the point where time equals zero and all objects converge in a singularity of heat and energy.

To comprehend big bang think of it like this. With our current technology we can observe that all objects in the universe are slowly moving apart from each other. Now reverse this process. All objects move toward each other until the point where time equals zero and all objects converge in a singularity of heat and energy.

I thought it was due to the contact of matter and antimatter. I can't quite remember the trigger.

The theory states that 10^-35 seconds into the life of the universe (which is 13.7 ± 0.2 billion years old) a phase transition in a single point of infinite heat and energy caused exponential expansion, meaning the bang. Then, at an unknown point, due to an unknown reaction, matter began to predominate antimatter leading to the universe as we know it.

The theory states that 10^-35 seconds into the life of the universe (which is 13.7 ± 0.2 billion years old) a phase transition caused exponential expansion, meaning the bang. Then, at an unknown point, due to an unknown reaction, matter began to predominate antimatter leading to the universe as we know it.

Thats it.

Thanks. I actually can vaguely remember that, I'm going to re-read up on this.

Does anyone think animals are more evolutionarily advanced than humans? I mean think about it, what has the capacity for independent rational thought ever given us? Meanwhile there is evidence that cats and dogs can detect emotional states and distress, and dolphins and bears mostly just play around all day having a good time. Kind of makes the modern work day look like slavery.

Does anyone think animals are more evolutionarily advanced than humans? I mean think about it, what has the capacity for independent rational thought ever given us? Meanwhile there is evidence that cats and dogs can detect emotional states and distress, and dolphins and bears mostly just play around all day having a good time. Kind of makes the modern work day look like slavery.

We have the ability to create tools and adapt to the every climate, even, for short periods, space.

SO technically we, as a species have achieved the most "sucess", but I believe we would be much happier in primitive settings.