The Questions for Danny Thread!

Originally posted by D Mullholand
ok, here's another one: what is the song "nocturnal emission" actually about? ;)

well, on the morning we were due to record the vocals for that song, we had no lyrics. as i said, vincent 'o connel and deryk "dygga" fulwood were staying with us helping us to complete the album. we woke dygga up (he was hungover on the couch) and said "dygga we need some lyrics" i have a vague recollection that dunc may have said a basic subject matter.
anyway dygga (still half asleep) grabs a pen, a piece of scrap paper and his boot. resting the paper on the boot, he began to scrawl these words down, after a couple of minutes he handed us the paper and fell straight back to sleep. we took it to the studio and duncan started to arrange the song using his duran duran influences. i think it turned out well and i'll always remember dygga and the boot. the subject matter is subconcious and probably a bit scarred..

danny, tell us about your funnier moment with anathema please, a moment when you laughed your ass off hehe

peace,
mehdi

terry will remember this... romanian retaurant,funny keyboard tunes...yamaha is ace,i'd rather be a hammer than a nail, everybody gets up to dance and i nearly cried laughing.

I have a question for Danny...

I don't mean to be a dick, or start trouble but..

Do you get mad when on the offical Anathema webisite, under the pics there are like 10000000 pics of vincent and like 3 or 4 random pics of you and the other guys? I dunno does it like upset you? Make you laugh? or do u just dont really care?

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e
danny, tell us about your funnier moment with anathema please, a moment when you laughed your ass off hehe

peace,
mehdi

romania again,
jamie too drunk, marker pen, breasts like fried eggs!

Originally posted by requiem
And I don't like this fake name business... Calling myself Requiem distances the true me.

My real name is Ben, I'm 22 and next year I'll be a high school teacher. I have a wondeful girlfriend of over a year, I live in a run down house with Uni friends, and I need a part time job.

Requiem is bullshit.....

So thanks Anathema.

GREAT NEWS, BEN! i didnt know that you were gonna be a teacher, what are you teaching dude?

can you come to sweden and play with us?
or can we join you on your next tour?

(hey, it is worth a try to play with one of your greatest influences... ;) )

and while i am at it... thank you for making woderful music.

//Björn (Hobo @ #anathema, undernet)

Hmm, this is proof i've got to read all the threads, so Jamie is the new bassplayer. Not that I'm excited right now, but maybe I am after Graspop!

Got a question; I'm playing in a band (Scentless Chemistry, stupid name, but it sound nice :lol: ). For the moment we only play covers, and next on the list is Lost Control. I've found a pretty good tab on the internet, but it's incomplete, like the violin part and the piano what we'll try to play on guitar, and the last bassriff doesn't match with the tab. Soooooooo I've tried to write it down. It sounds, but it isn't that...

Finally the question: Is there a score available, and is there a way to achieve it?

Thanx (and maybe someone else could help???) ;)

i dont know of any score available, but the song is really basic. the whole end section with the violin is just Aminor,F and G.
the only other chords in the song are Eminor and C, in the verses. there is also an F minor just before the last part. the violin part, is all in the scale of Aminor so you should be able to figure it out. i'll tell you what, i wish we played that song, i'm going to try to make it happen.