The Recommend A Metal Album Thread

Yes, they are! But they don't take kindly to strangers loving them. They take 'em out to the ranch and start work on ideas for the new album... not fictional in the slightest!

-Vintersorg- said:
Ok, enough of this off-topic nonsense.

Good idea! Though it was funny!

Maybe this:

DevinTownsend_Terria.jpg

Procella said:
Good idea! Though it was funny!

Maybe this:

DevinTownsend_Terria.jpg

Someone metioned this already...but yes fucking yes...Devs music makes me wanna cry, puke and die

e0644311lsg.jpg

Title- OLD MAN'S CHILD- Revelation 666
Syle-Thrash Black Metal ,heavy melodic, and thrashy good productions.
Galder on Vocals and guitars, Jarder on guitar, Susperia drummer Tjodalv on drums.

annt said:
... Not in my personal top 3 though. To think of it, it would probably be Van der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts, Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante and Jethro Tull - A Passion Play...

i fucking got pawn hearts cos someone (you) said it was in their top three albums of all time and its possibly the biggest pile of shit album ive ever heard. Sorry if you like it and im not having a go at you but i jsut cant see how an album with at least 2 (i only listened to 7 of the 8) songs that go for roughly 5 mins (Diminutions and Angle of Incidents) that arent even songs, they're jsut noise, can be one of your all-time favs. For me an all-time favourite album has to be one where all of the songs are awesome, such as Still Life for one example (others are Versus the World, The Odyssey and Ressurection Through Carnage).

so yeah sorry just wanted to have a rant cos that album pissed me off to the max.

Psycroptipath said:
i fucking got pawn hearts cos someone (you) said it was in their top three albums of all time and its possibly the biggest pile of shit album ive ever heard. Sorry if you like it and im not having a go at you but i jsut cant see how an album with at least 2 (i only listened to 7 of the 8) songs that go for roughly 5 mins (Diminutions and Angle of Incidents) that arent even songs, they're jsut noise, can be one of your all-time favs. For me an all-time favourite album has to be one where all of the songs are awesome, such as Still Life for one example (others are Versus the World, The Odyssey and Ressurection Through Carnage).

so yeah sorry just wanted to have a rant cos that album pissed me off to the max.

a giant LOL at you for slagging on VDGG, and then stating a band like BLOODBATH or AMON AMARTH are in your ALL TIME favorite album lists.

just...wow.

NineFeetUnderground said:
a giant LOL at you for slagging on VDGG, and then stating a band like BLOODBATH or AMON AMARTH are in your ALL TIME favorite album lists.

just...wow.

Is VDGG worth listening to? Also, Abigor - Nachthymnem/Enslaved - Eld = kick ass. not to sound like a complete noob, but how would i go about getting those two cd's without buying them online? there isn't a place in my area that would have "obscure" metal bands, and i don't really like ordering things online so yeah.