The Ron Paul appreciation thread!

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Serious love for the man.. Makes me wish I was American, so I'd vote for him!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiDZKf74IR0&list=FLvjriM8L7chIr9OYYK8HExg[/ame]

Inform yourself:
http://www.ronpaul.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
eh...Only thing I can agree with him is some certain domestic issues. But Other than that, his fiscal and foreign policy is quite destructive if you look at it.
Cutting back military intelligence? Does he plan to run across the street with a blind fold on? He's all hype and no substance.

Only people voting for him I know are the piss poor and college libertarian kids, who can't seem to figure out there communications degree doesn't pay for their 100k+ college debt at an Ivy League.

Edit: Not trying to troll here, but this Ron Paul guy's politics really irritates me.

Only people voting for him I know are the piss poor and college libertarian kids, who can't seem to figure out there communications degree doesn't pay for their 100k+ college debt at an Ivy League.

lol

His laissez-faire ideals are insane. The Gilded age in American history is a great example of corporations with no regulations.

Other than that, his fiscal and foreign policy is quite destructive if you look at it.

His fiscal policy is destructive? Are you serious?

As for the foreign policy it makes A LOT of sense; protect YOUR borders and stop fabricating enemies around the world (sponsored, then aggressed by the military industry).

Ron Paul owns. he will be getting my vote.

i understand some of his policies are hard to understand at first glance, read deeper into them and see why he has those beliefs. there is a good chance you will agree.

just take a look at his pristine voting record. this is the only guy with the balls to stand up for the constitution even when its not popular. even when he personally disagrees/agrees with a bill, if its not constitutional he votes against it.

it would be nice to finally have a man of principle in office.

Ron Paul is basically the exact opposite of what the "conspiracy crowd" believe. Its just that most them are too ignorant to realize it. What conspiracy theories does he espouse?

He is painfully consistent and honest, and upholds liberty and the Constitution above his personal values.

I don't know that he does. I doubt it. Just an observation on my part. Footage of him can be found in a lot of conspiracy vids. "They" seem to really like him.

I have massive admiration for Ron Paul. The guy is brilliant and fantastically unchanged in his principles, despite spending years in Washington DC. He even resigned from the Republican party in 1987, because he was so disillusioned and dissatisfied by the hypocrisy in his own party. His resignation letter is downright inspiring, check it out: http://www.dailypaul.com/177575/ron-paul-and-his-resignation-letter-to-the-gop-a-tea-party-document

I quietly judged him in my head for years, ignorantly making assumptions about him that were completely unjustified, but when I finally actually took the time to listen, read, and understand what he's all about, it had a profound influence on my view of government, politics, our monetary system, and the economy. Been about three years now. Reading his book "The Revolution: A Manifesto" for the first time was enthralling and magnetic to me, every American needs to read it.

I don't know that he does. I doubt it. Just an observation on my part. Footage of him can be found in a lot of conspiracy vids. "They" seem to really like him.

That's because conspiracy theorists will blindly gravitate towards anything that paints reality to be different than it is most commonly considered to be. Thus, on occasion they will inadvertently gravitate towards something worthwhile and true (Ron Paul), while most of the time they are simply attracted to nonsense, jabbered on by other conspiracy theorists.

Using Ron Paul's alleged "popularity" among conspiracy theorists is not in the least bit a legitimate way to discredit him, you just have to dig in for yourself.

His fiscal policy is destructive? Are you serious?

As for the foreign policy it makes A LOT of sense; protect YOUR borders and stop fabricating enemies around the world (sponsored, then aggressed by the military industry).

Well, trying to bring a superpower to the gold standard and making economic buying power of the US equal to about the 1850's won't help the jobs situation.

The way I see it is is the popular votes of the republican and democratic parties are ultimately very close in most presidential elections. Nearly half of the country is almost always going to be unhappy with it's elected president. The same goes for congress because they are always going to vote the party lines. Most people in any political office can't speak for themselves on much of anything of merit that matters to the people in the country.

Not saying I would vote for Ron Paul but it's good to at least know what you are getting with a candidate. We just need someone steadfast that will do what they campaign on so at least half the country is happy. I voted for Obama and he has done little to merit my vote a second time. I hope there is one day when the economy, health care, and job security aren't paramount concerns and I can rest a little easier.

Well, trying to bring a superpower to the gold standard and making economic buying power of the US equal to about the 1850's won't help the jobs situation.

—The US economy prospered and grew immensely under a gold standard

—It's a fallacy that an endlessly liquid money supply is mandatory in order for economies to grow

—Ron Paul won't mandate a forced return to a gold standard, rather he advocates a repeal of legal tender laws, so that the market is allowed to transact business something other than Federal Reserve notes

Not saying I would vote for Ron Paul but it's good to at least know what you are getting with a candidate. We just need someone steadfast that will do what they campaign on so at least half the country is happy. I voted for Obama and he has done little to merit my vote a second time. I hope there is one day when the economy, health care, and job security aren't paramount concerns and I can rest a little easier.

I'll give you that, his transparency is admirable.

That's because conspiracy theorists will blindly gravitate towards anything that paints reality to be different than it is most commonly considered to be. Thus, on occasion they will inadvertently gravitate towards something worthwhile and true (Ron Paul), while most of the time they are simply attracted to nonsense, jabbered on by other conspiracy theorists.

Using Ron Paul's alleged "popularity" among conspiracy theorists is not in the least bit a legitimate way to discredit him, you just have to dig in for yourself.

Oh I know why they like him. In three words: The Federal Reserve.

Fits right into their whole NWO thing.

I wasn't trying to discredit the guy.

He's Christian, I won't be voting for him based on that alone. :lol: Another vote in the trashcan. :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got some good ideas, but without a Congress to back him he'd never be able to get very many of them to come to fruition.

I'll be voting for him in the primary, but his whole spiel about the US being a Christian nation, founded by Christians upon Christian principles is pure horseshit. I'm also not 100% onboard with his opinions on abortion, but I don't see his plan to let states regulate it really affect the current legal status of abortion.