The Shitposting Thread

I'm more of a salt water fisherman, either straight from beaches or from boats. We've got a 7 metre (I can't be stuffed doing the imperial conversion) ocean going boat with twin 140HP engines on it, and my uncle has a 17 meter cabin cruise with 725HP Volvo Penta in it which is capable of trips for up to a week if pushed. Can't remember the last time I fished or ate trout.

Early last month.

pumpkin1.jpg

From the summer.

mommyshark1b.jpg

The salt is definitely more exciting, but I live in the mountains where the trout live, so...

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I've gotten bored with just fillets of fish, we do a shit ton of fishing and you gotta spice things up. I've done fish tacos a few times but my new favorite way to use them up is a casserole. Egg noodles, walleye chunked (after a quick pan fry), sweet corn, sweet onion, sweet peas, shit tons of various cheeses, cream of mushroom, cream of broccoli, and just shove that sucker in the oven then wait for it to cook.

None of us are photogenic and we've never been into brag photos. The only person in my family who has ever come close to brag shots is my grand mother who caught the largest banjo shark in the fishing club she was in in 1956. Her photo is still on the wall of the club and the catch has never been beaten. The rest of us don't even take cameras on fishing trips.

I don't do casseroles with fish, I tend to only make those sorts of meals with firmer fish that doesn't break up into tiny pieces. Most of the fish we catch and bring home, break up really easy so it's better cooked whole. I can do a variety of flavours and meals with fish but it's generally fish as the main meat whole or in small pieces.

None of us are photogenic and we've never been into brag photos. The only person in my family who has ever come close to brag shots is my grand mother who caught the largest banjo shark in the fishing club she was in in 1956. Her photo is still on the wall of the club and the catch has never been beaten. The rest of us don't even take cameras on fishing trips..

Yeah I was guiding there for a minute and the brag photos are just sort of second nature after a while. Gotta advertise the business.

I miss fishing something bad. I can shore fish right now, the lake is 5 minutes away and not totally frozen, but it's not the same. Thinking about trying ice fishing this year once it does freeze. I know a guy who just goes out and reuses other people's holes, brings a sled for his haul. Really don't even need a shanty if you dress well enough.

Reactions: Sophii
yea hes funny as fuck. But i remember him accidentally admitting to snitching. Something about "yea if they were selling drugs on our turf and we knew a crooked cop we would get them busted" ... or something along those lines. Lol fat scumbag.

Never heard of that but it sounds 100% right lmao. He robbed his own fucking friends and told the stories, he has no shame and especially back in those days all coked up, probably did so much piece of shit stuff.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
What the fuck did I miss, holy shit.

We took down a big ass oak tree that was completely dead at the top. 20 feet of it was pure nice quality wood.

Dropping trees that are dead in the middle is fun. Watching the guts of it explode into a million pieces as it hits the deck is like destruction x100!

Reactions: Sophii
My mum never went by the name Jack, that was me.
Looks like my weekend is about to change!