The Star Wars Thread

There needs to be a new Star Wars Battlefront game, Battlefront I and II kicked dick.

Empire at war is a good game, as well. Essentially a RTS version of Battlefront. Though, in this case the space battles are fuckin awesome, but I find the land battles lacking. I played a totally epic space battle the other day that went on for almost an hour and a half. By the end there was like 3 dozen capital ships that had been destroyed.

Yeah, it seriously perplexes me that there are people who have easy access to video that haven't seen the original trilogy. I mean CMON.

About 10 years ago, I met a kid (16 yrs old) named Luke who had never seen the trilogy. He said that all his life people have been saying "use the force Luke" and "Run, Luke, run" and he doesn't even want to see the movies. So, of course we all just thew every possible Luke-related quote we could at him until he left.

photo23kj7.jpg

Yeah, it seriously perplexes me that there are people who have easy access to video that haven't seen the original trilogy. I mean CMON.

I don't think Chris had ever seen the entire trilogy until Beer Wars '09.

I had a dad and his 5 yr old come in the store and were talking about the prequels until his dad said "you know there are three other movies, the originals." The little kid almost fainted and begged his dad to go home and watch them immediately. It warmed my heart.

Max, what Knights of the Old Republic comics are good? (if any)

The KOTOR comics started out pretty good, takes place during the Mandalorian Wars a few years before the game. I stopped reading before the end of the series (I really havent picked up a comic in a year or so), but I wasn't really liking the direction it went.
The really old stuff, like the Tales of the Jedi series, really isn't very good. It's interesting if you are really into Star Wars lore as it goes into the original Sith Wars and Exar Kun, but on their own the comics are kind of shitty.

Honestly, I think the best stuff in the EU nowadays is happening in the post-New Jedi Order/Legacy era, both with comics and novels. I still have to finish the Legacy series and pick up the new one with Cade Skywalker. And I need to pick up the most recent Fate of the Jedi book.