The Star Wars Thread

II is the worst of the prequels imo. absolutely boring, inconsequential plot, completely flat characterization and the love story between Padme and Anakin is hilariously stupid.

III is the least awful, if only because The Emperor is in it, but it's still a pretty bad movie. the tone jumps all over the place, the story of how Anakin becomes Darth Vader is overblown and illogical and the seventeen-hour fight scene between Anakin and Obi Wan is just too much to handle. all the greenscreen just makes everything seem like a bad video game

everything you say is true. for some reason, i still love it. star wars books are much better though.

you guys think II is worse than I though? everything that had potential in I was ruined by horrible kid acting, annoying jar jar, or some other lameness. pod race was kinda cool, ruined by annoying kid. whole undersea world, hey that sounds neat oh yeh jar jar. space battle at the end, hey here comes dumbass kid to save/ruin the day! sweet three-way light saber fight at the end with badass epic music, and crazy fast ninja moves oh wait darth maul just stands there while obiwan flys out of the pit, flips over his head, force-grabs his light saber, opens it, and cuts him in half. okaaay. plus the kid and jar jar ruin every other non-awesome scene they are in too.

Hayden was honestly just as cringe worthy as the kid from the first one, at least the first one had maul and Liam Neeson and actual real sets on occasion, not just 90% green screen.

yeh, i think the only way these new ones maybe have some potential is to go back out into the world and shoot on location, at least that will make them seem alive. that all green-screen shit only works for movies like sin city and 300 where its supposed to look like a stylized comic-book version of reality.

I still think that the story in itself of the new movies is fucking AMAZING! But the actors, all the special effects, the directing and especially the actors ... just fucking horrible.

you guys think II is worse than I though? everything that had potential in I was ruined by horrible kid acting, annoying jar jar, or some other lameness. pod race was kinda cool, ruined by annoying kid. whole undersea world, hey that sounds neat oh yeh jar jar. space battle at the end, hey here comes dumbass kid to save/ruin the day! sweet three-way light saber fight at the end with badass epic music, and crazy fast ninja moves oh wait darth maul just stands there while obiwan flys out of the pit, flips over his head, force-grabs his light saber, opens it, and cuts him in half. okaaay. plus the kid and jar jar ruin every other non-awesome scene they are in too.

I thought AoTC was probably equally bad. Not any better or worse. It had some interesting scenes, and felt like it was going to be a more mature attempt overall, but it had some painfully bad scenes. The ending fights too were less awesome and more "hey, how much shit can I throw onto the screen at one time?!". It didn't look artistic in any way, nor badass at all. It was just a giant clusterfuck of robots, lasers and lightsabers.

Nope, Return of the Jedi!!! The Emperor!!1 THE FUCKING EMPEROR!!! Best Movie Villain, makes me even forgeet the Ewoks.
Nope, can't do it. Even the Emperor can't wash the puke of the Carebears away. If not for that trash, I think I'd probably say that Jedi was at least equal to, if not superior to Empire. But those turds exist, therefore it can't.

There's a reason that kid has never been heard from again. It wasn't all his fault though. He didn't write the shitty dialogue.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...nd-david-fincher-in-the-running-for-star-wars

It's been over a week since the last rumor about a potential director for Star Wars made the rounds and to make up for lost time, there are two more names allegedly in the running. Directors Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Cowboys & Aliens) and David Fincher (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network) are apparently seeking out the job, or so says Deadline.

They say: "I've also heard Jon Favreau is panting after this job, and even that David Fincher, who apparently worked for Lucas’s ILM in a menial job as a teen, might be game for one of these new films. Unfortunately, we are getting nothing out of Lucas Land on what they call speculation. I broke a story recently that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will write future Star Wars installments, most likely the second and third installments of the new trilogy, I’d heard. Lucas, through Disney, denied every speck of this, but I ran it anyway. They won’t comment or clarify these things because they want to announce it themselves on their own Twitter or website or whatever they’ve got."

Favreau previously expressed interest in the job but hasn't outright said he's gunning for it, and Fincher's involvement might be simply wishful thinking due to his involvement with Return of the Jedi as an assistant camera man.

Disney is said to be planning on taking the 'Marvel' approach to Star Wars and releasing a new film every 2-3 years with some that focus on different aspects of the Universe, but they're remaining tight-lipped about all of this for now. Star Wars: Episode VII, meanwhile, will move forward with a screenplay by Michael Arndt for a release in 2015.

I can't see Fincher doing a Star Wars film. The guy is an amazing director, but almost all of his films are dark/thrillers or social commentary of some sort. I guess there's a first for everything though.

He's doing both. Which is really fucking strange. I also didn't realize there was much negativity towards what he did with Star Trek. It was easily my second favorite of the Trek movies.