'The State of the (Failing) Union address'

Uff, I like the banner at the top...but that's about it. The bright colors make the place seem childish and irritating. But I'm 25 going on 'crotchety, ornery, old lady,' so perhaps my opinion should be disregarded.

rahvin's on a plane now. I'm dying to know what he thinks of it. Then again, I suppose he was already informed of the (color) scheme.

I've come down with the epilepsy..

It all started today,
as I grabbed my turkey sandwich and took a bite.
My eyes twitched, to my dismay,
as I saw many an incandescent light.
I twisted violently everywhich way.
I looked like a dog that just might bite.
I waved my arms, I kicked away.
I hit the phone, I spilled my Sprite.
Oh and by the way..
my sandwich didn't taste quite right..
Well, that's all I'd like to say
this is what happened to me tonight.
and you all may ask me, why?
'twas because the DT forum is too damn white.

Lina said:
Uff, I like the banner at the top...but that's about it. The bright colors make the place seem childish and irritating. But I'm 25 going on 'crotchety, ornery, old lady,' so perhaps my opinion should be disregarded.
As you know, I'm 20 going on "bitter, twisted, old man", and I agree completely. :D

My eyes, my eyes... have I gone blind... oh, I'm just drunk
I do like the change tho, but damn it was shockingly fast,
great tho, the old one was very boring indeed.

I do have to say I don't post much lately, mainly cos I'm
on another board much more and of course this place has
been quite dead lately, maybe this will change, maybe not,
but all I know is I'm drunk and I feel good :)

(oh and just so you wonder, I may be drunk, but I don't typo ;) )

EDIT: and I don't care what anyone says, white is good,
it brightens up the day in a place where there is too much
grey anyway. Thank you winter, I hate you.

Actually, I feel the colours actually suit winter, white and ice blue. After getting some sleep and coming back the next morning, I definitely like it. I'm getting tired of black and grey in general. Except for clothing of course. It's so slimming dontcheknow. :D

Everytime I come here, I think my bookmark is corrupt and I ended up in some Counterstrike or Warez board.. :erk:

Personally, I very much like the white. It looks clean and stylish and as a bonus makes everyone's avatars look much better :D I don't see the "childish" part of it, but then again I'm only a spring chicken of 19 and only just mature enough not to be afraid of being a little immature at times ;)
This is a very good representation of the Swedish winter, after all ;) At least the winters I've known. And since the tr00 Northern seasons don't include spring (it lasts for 2 days, then it's technically summer), we don't need a colour scheme for spring... But summer should be blue! And maybe a nice pale yellow, to sort of reflect the sertting sun on warm summer days...

@nick: if i went outside at the moment it would look more like the past layout of this forum :)

i like the layout . . .

but this is still my prediction of my eyes exploding if i stay on this forum for more than 20 min at a time:
:err: => :yow: => :eek:

my avatar looks very cool on the new background, so i guess i like the colours. ;)

but seriously: i'm going to suggest using a less bright shade of white, and i'm going to suggest adding to the background some sort of dt logo, such as the one in red/yellow/orange as can be seen on the cover of the lta ep.

the rest of the combination of colours i honestly like very much. it's more sober, refreshing, and - in my opinion of 27 going on without sleep - more mature than the gothic black fuckfest of the past.

rahvin said:
my avatar looks very cool on the new background, so i guess i like the colours. ;)

but seriously: i'm going to suggest using a less bright shade of white, and i'm going to suggest adding to the background some sort of dt logo, such as the one in red/yellow/orange as can be seen on the cover of the lta ep.

the rest of the combination of colours i honestly like very much. it's more sober, refreshing, and - in my opinion of 27 going on without sleep - more mature than the gothic black fuckfest of the past.
I hear ya on that one dude, down with gothic black fuckfests! :D

rahvin said:
in my opinion of 27 going on without sleep
jetlag = evil.

i maintain my appreciation for the new look, although i concur on the less bright shade of white because this way it feels like being at the office...

i like the new look :) the old was indeed a bit of a gothic black fuckfest.
the darker shade of white is a good idea, cause it's very bright now and i guess it tends to be painful when someone spends quite some time on the forum, anyway this is so more bubuish.

I agree with D_J and MagSec that we should become more positive and livelier, and participate in things so this forum becomes a bit more fun.
The colour irritated my eyes at first, but now i'm getting used to it and it certainly gives a more optimistic note overall.
And i'm changing to visible too, there's not much point of staying invisible since i'm not here that often anymore. :p