The Systematic Mixing Guide - NOW OUT!

Hey Chris,

I've looked into this and there doesn't appear to be a way for me to generate gift certificates using my current distribution service. However I can generate a custom download link for whomever wins your competition, so long as I get their e-mail address.

Awesome, that'd work just fine. :) I do it bi-monthly, so as long as you don't mind me shooting you an email every other month, that'd work out perfectly.

(I'm also willing to just buy the copy and email the files to the winner myself, if you don't want the hassle - I just wanted to make sure that whatever route we go with, you're completely OK with it.)

Thanks man! \m/

Also // If I'm more comfortable in Logic (I use ProTools at uni, however) can I still get a lot from this book?

There's nothing DAW-specific in the book, apart from a few assorted tips on what to use for editing. The information is commonly universal.

MG-Chris said:
Awesome, that'd work just fine. :) I do it bi-monthly, so as long as you don't mind me shooting you an email every other month, that'd work out perfectly.

Yep, totally fine.

Yeah bitches :>

IMAG0230.jpg

Just bought the book. From what I've read so far, this is the best book I've seen for any mix engineer who is working with a low budget and high expectations (which is virtually everyone these days.) Very well done!

As for the shit people are giving you over your marketing copy - welcome to the club! Congrats on releasing your first commercial product. :)

Good read, man. I really want to try out how you mix the bass. I feel like it'd help my mixes so much. I had no idea the level of processing you do. Makes me feel better about all the times I went nuts with the EQ.

Thanks Shane!

How's the latest version of Recabinet going?

Not to carry this OT, but it's going great. Recabinet 3.1 (a free update for registered users) has a new audio engine based on what's been developed for the upcoming Recabinet 4. Recabinet 4 is a massive project, with the ambitious goal of rendering cabinet miking obsolete, but it will be finished this year and is going very well so far.

Recabinet 4 is a massive project, with the ambitious goal of rendering cabinet miking obsolete, but it will be finished this year and is going very well so far.

That's hugely ambitious, and has my support 100%. I look forward to seeing how it develops. Lord knows I'll be the first one doing the satanic rain dance when cabs become obsolete.