The Systematic Mixing Guide - NOW OUT!

I think the statement is okay, because he might use it just for selling purposes.
I guess it's not meant for us but the gearsluts, HC, sevenstrings kiddies who don't know shit ;)

Yeah, for all those kiddies who post on gearslutz like, David Bendeth, Mike Shipley, Michael Wagener, Bruce Swedien, Michael Brauer and others...oh wait...no that statement was probably more for the kiddies on this forum, the ones who learn everything they know off of the internet and nothing from experience, the ones who would actually believe it. When you're mixing the next Nickelback cd maybe you can get away with your publicist saying something like that but until then, um...it makes you look really bad.

I was hoping that at some point it would be read as intended, and the issue would've been clarified. Consider, perhaps, that this may be reading too far into a lone marketing statement. The key word within the line is 'independent', meaning unaffiliated with larger commercial studios, management companies and major labels. For an independent entity, Systematic Productions is quite busy, with bookings currently reaching to next year, with artists both domestic and from abroad. The statement never served to imply self-perceived peerhood with top class major label engineers half a world away, operating under entirely different circumstances.

@TiamatWaves: I hadn't thought about putting it up on the iTunes Bookstore. If anyone would care to chip in, what would be the demand behind doing so? Would anyone be interested?

Glad the guide is continuing to be received well. Hoping you all continue to find use of it through your future sessions.

PS. The landing page has been updated: http://www.systematicproductions.com/mixing-guide.htm

It now lists the price, highlights, and is generally a lot easier to read (especially if you like quotes!).

Yeah, for all those kiddies who post on gearslutz like, David Bendeth, Mike Shipley, Michael Wagener, Bruce Swedien, Michael Brauer and others...oh wait...no that statement was probably more for the kiddies on this forum, the ones who learn everything they know off of the internet and nothing from experience, the ones who would actually believe it. When you're mixing the next Nickelback cd maybe you can get away with your publicist saying something like that but until then, um...it makes you look really bad.
nonverbal-communication on the internet=smileys
please think again about your statement :(

... The key word within the line is 'independent', meaning unaffiliated with larger commercial studios, management companies and major labels.

Yes, this was exactly what I read it to mean.

(bought it and enjoyed it - a good read.)

haha yeah mate! they're still knocking around.....they've drafted in ex-members of stampin' ground to record some new tunes and play some shows this year.

as long as the recording session goes well i'll be posting up some samples in the next few weeks! keep your eyes peeled dude.

wtf, they still about!?!

I remember them from the tail end of the 90s along with the likes of assert, medulla nocte etc.

Awesome stuff.

You know what "makes you look really bad"? Shitting up this thread with this kind of nonsense. Who the fuck cares?

ermz can write whatever the fuck he wants on his marketing blurb.

If you don't like it go build up your own following on ultimate metal over a decade and put out an e book.

Every thing that is markerted in this world is presented as the "best", it's just how it is. The complainers want the recognition in these situations, but are never brave enough or driven enough to acheive what they are trying to knock down.

If you don't like it go build up your own following on ultimate metal over a decade and put out an e book.

Every thing that is markerted in this world is presented as the "best", it's just how it is. The complainers want the recognition in these situations, but are never brave enough or driven enough to acheive what they are trying to knock down.

fry.jpg

You shouldn't generalize about "complainers" that you don't know anything about...I don't boast my achievements on internet forums because it's irrelevant to my real life and real life connections, which DO matter to me. It doesn't mean we are all jealous haters trying to steal e-glory. The rest of this post isn't directed at you in particular so don't go all fight mode on me.

It is simply a pet peeve of mine (and many others) to see somebody boasting an ego...it's just unprofessional. The logic is that if you're really great, you don't need to tell people about it, they'll already know. Not once did I knock Ermz' product or try to belittle his book or whatever success it might achieve...but yes, I did knock his sales pitch, deal with it. Marketing gimmick is the right word...most of the big mixers up top are independent mixers...how many staff mixers can you really think of? So where is the line drawn?

Anyways, Ermz has clarified that he meant something else and there's nothing left to dispute. Some of us read something different into it and have voiced disapproval over making claims like that, and some of us have defended it. That's it, nothing else to discuss.

Good luck with the book Ermz

Ermz - any plans to add a gift option for this? I run a guitar of the month over at MG, and I'd love to use this as one of the "prizes" for people that win it.

Hey Chris,

I've looked into this and there doesn't appear to be a way for me to generate gift certificates using my current distribution service. However I can generate a custom download link for whomever wins your competition, so long as I get their e-mail address.