The Top 5 List Thread

Top 5 episodes of Spongebob (this was really fucking hard to do and I'm not satisfied at all with this list):

5. Wormy
4. Karate Choppers
3. Idiot Box
2. Opposite Day
1. Something Smells

'Sailor Mouth' didn't make your top 5? That episode was hilarious.

'Sailor Mouth' didn't make your top 5? That episode was hilarious.

It would probably make a top 5 if I was ranking based on how much an episode made me laugh on first watch. It's a great episode, but the humor is not as clever as some of the others.

Very nice list (Thief 2 is better tho).
I know it's more polished, but I really fell in love with Thief 1, and 2 didn't have enough new stuff I liked to draw me into it. I remember hating the robots too.

Do you mean the series or the game? I think Baldur's Gate II is better in every way, though both are great games.
I never really gave 2 a chance, which is kind of silly, but I thought the depressing beginning was somehow antithetical to Candlekeep, which I loved.

2. Mega Man 2
I forgot about Mega Man tbh, and that is indeed the best one. I mostly like the series' soundtrack and artwork though, not so much the gameplay.

Bonus: The best N64 games is Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, underrated as fuck and really really awsome!
Never played it, I'll have to try it.

Suprised pretty much everyone has Crystal Logic in their top 5 songs, I actually think it is one of the more boring songs on the album?
I like it, but wouldn't put it as a favorite by any means.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority but I have plenty of experience with both Baldur's Gate games and I prefer 1. I like the relative simplicity of it, in the second one you have so many magical items and special abilities and spells that the amount of micromanagement goes completely out of control. The first one also has a more open world and a larger emphasis on exploration.

Top 5 Calvin & Hobbes Quotes

5. Calvin: History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That’s why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.

4. Calvin: Trick or treat!
Adult: Where's your costume? What are you supposed to be?
Calvin: I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Madison Avenue and Hollywood, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak. [Next panel, walking away eating candy] Am I scary, or what?

3. Calvin: "Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?”

2. Calvin: Isn't it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humor? When you think about it, it's weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it's funny. Don't you think it's odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does it benefit us?
Hobbes: I suppose if we couldn't laugh at things that don't make sense, we couldn't react to a lot of life.
Calvin: (after a long pause) I can't tell if that's funny or really scary.

1. Calvin: God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.

I prefer baldur's gate 1. Reasons: Wilderness exploration, non-overpowered pcs, less straightforward story builds mystery with great reveal at the end, feels somehow more realistic and less power gamey.

BG2 was more city focused, Wizards were op with a catalog of cheese spells like insta death and time stop, story consists of find the bad guy who stole imoen, totally geared towards power gamers.

Edit - throne of bhaal was great though

Reactions: CiG
throne of bhaal was great though

Throne of Bhaal was total garbage. Almost every fight was about spamming waves of weak enemies at you, the boss/twist (was it even supposed to be any kind of surprise?) was lame as fuck and that's saying a lot considering what an emo edgelord Irenicus was, and the linearity/arrangement was SNES JRPG-tier. I only install it for Watcher's Keep.

Well the stuff that sells well anyway. I have had some pretty good American IPA's and microbrewery stuff... oh and Samuel Adam's Boston Lager is probably one of my favourite beers actually. But I still won't forgive you for Budweiser and Coors.
article-1334376-0C4A9BF6000005DC-584_468x424.jpg