The Top 5 List Thread

Top 5 metal releases of December 2021:
  1. Reveal - Doppelherz (AOTY)
    a0787714704_10.jpg
    Psychedelic black metal deathrock magic and I love it.

2. Witches Hammer - Devourer of the Dead
    a4011515869_10.jpg
    Wild Canadian death/thrash played by a band that was around in the 80's.

3. Malignant Altar - Realms of Exquisite Morbidity
    a3836897532_10.jpg
    Crushingly heavy, massive production, big riffs, love the drums.

4. Ride for Revenge - Feed the Infamy
    a1573872942_10.jpg
    RFR go almost full sludge!

5. Krolok - Funeral Winds & Crimson Sky
    a4246278919_10.jpg
    Awesome atmospheric black metal featuring the lads from Malokarpatan.
Top 5 non-metal releases of December 2021:
  1. Rope Sect - Proskynesis
    a1891590188_10.jpg
    A nice little post-punk EP.

2. Kadavar & Elder - ELDOVAR - A Story of Darkness & Light
    a3859364914_10.jpg
    Very awesome pandemic collaboration from two great progressive rock bands, very lush and moody, goes from light to dark, very folky too.

3. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Barn
    539484-Product-0-I-637701472685226783.jpg
    Mr. Young is still killing it. You should know what you're getting with this one.

4. Arnaud Rebotini - New Territory
    a3701784217_10.jpg
    Cool EBM artist's cool new EP.

5. Dead Neanderthals & Aaron Turner - Corporeal Flux
    a1745142051_10.jpg
    Droning experimental improv rock from guys who usually play grindy free jazz.

Artists I listened to the most in 2021 per Last.fm:
1. Julie London
2. Vader
3. Danzig
4. Falsewander
5. New Model Army

Bands I saw live the most in 2021:
4× Fatdick
4× Gravel Pit
4× Ripship
3× Bodysiege
3× Mammuthus

Also got to see Ulcerate 3 times in 365 days between December-December as they didn't get to travel further afield.

5 favourites from January so far:
  1. Mothermary - I Am Your God

2. Deviants - Legion

3. VoidCeremony - At the Periphery of Human Realms

4. Dødskvad - Krønike II

5. Hearse - Traipse Across the Empty Graves

Sick list @Bloopy, can't wait for pt 2 :lol:
Ok, top 5 most fucked up/disturbing dreams I've had. #1 is from 2010 but 5 & 4 were mentions in the Dreams thread in 2020 and the next two got me starting these lists last year. Quality is on the up!

5. The panic attack dream. I was working back in an office. I wanted to get away for dinner, but coworkers kept wanting to go over things with me. I had a total panic attack - started hyperventilating, went down on my knees, and shuffled out of the room as I was making an unholy wailing/screeching sound with my head in my hands. This dream was around the same time that a bunch of my hair started falling out in 2020.

4. Around the same time I also dreamt I was on the ground floor of a multi-storey motel when it was ripped apart by a major earthquake. The stairs up to my room were exposed precariously in open air but I went up anyway. I had some vague recollection I'd left a motel maid bound and gagged in the closet or something, but I don't remember what I found. Maybe she'd gotten out and I just grabbed my stuff to escape with the evidence. That part of the building was now leaning over a high fence by a road. I jumped down onto the road and broke my leg.

3. I dreamt I stopped at a tiny rural settlement by the highway in buttfuck nowhere. I looked around at what food their cafe had. I walked through another building and saw some museum-type displays and a guy doing some woodwork or something. Out the back I found a dead hedgehog that had died while using its previously deceased and decaying mate as a mattress. I picked up the hedgehog and fucked it, with the dream somehow resolving incompatible proportions (honest).

2. I was in a little castle-like building with a small tower. Supposedly the top floor of the tower was used for burning witches. I found a naked blonde woman shackled there on the stone where the fire would be lit. For some reason I couldn't save her from being burnt, so I asked her if she wanted one last fuck. While I was fucking her I used a sharp axe to make minor cuts in her neck.

1. I entered the garage of my childhood home with a workmate, and he found two bottles of pee which I figured deterred insects somehow. The inside morphed to my parents' current house. I went looking around and found a woman hanged dead in a shower, naked except for a scary mask. My subconscious told me it was my mother. Upstairs I found my aunt tied up and unconscious on the floor. I called emergency services and heard some loud thumping coming from downstairs. I found a few other stairs leading down to nowhere and hid there, at which point I was chewing a plastic knife and whispering to emergency services via a paper cup. A woman I didn't recognise appeared, and she was growing and mutating and looked murderous, so I ran into my parents' bedroom and shut the door behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw how much I was shaking, then found a second door to shut myself behind while I figured out what to do.

3 had more mundane details that I left out. Plenty of mulling over food and looking around. I imagined I was driving long distance and the settlement was somewhere around Horopito. I had no idea that's where the film Smash Place was set. The fucked up bit seemed relatively natural for the setting. I would've put it higher if the dream hedgehog was still alive...

Oh, and the dream was partly fuelled by the death of a sick hedgehog in real life, but not one I saw in person ...and not one that got fucked. :lol: A story I may never tell in full.

Last edited:
Top 5 supposedly active metal bands I'd be most hyped at a new album announcement by:

1. DoomSword
2. Sacral Rage
3. White Magician
4. The Chasm
5. Hammers of Misfortune

Reactions: CiG
Top 5 supposedly active metal bands I'd be most hyped at a new album announcement by:

1. DoomSword
2. Sacral Rage
3. White Magician
4. The Chasm
5. Hammers of Misfortune

1. arghoslent (new album is basically a meme at this point and they've announced it a million times but w/e)
2. the chasm (if it has vocals lol)
3. warning ('active')
4. ved buens ende ('active')
5. sacramentum (mostly 'cause they said it'd be a sequel to FAFTS if it ever fucking happens)

1. Slumbug (waiting for debut album, been following them since I first saw them live over 5 years ago)
2. Danzig (if it's not another lame covers album)
3. Eagle Twin
4. Pentagram (last two were very good and Bobby may have a bit more in him)
5. Bongripper

1. Sacriphyx (ARRRRGGHHH!!! Frustrating, been waiting for fucking ever for these cunts)
2. Wastelander (last material was a EP in 2014, keep seeing things here and there over the years about them working on new material...)
3. Mordeth (progressive death from Brazil, last album in 2018)
4. Nekro Drunkz (just me being impatient, last album was 2019 but the two dudes are busy so it's a dry spell right now)
5. Moloch (last album in 2018 and all of a sudden no longer have a Fecesbook page ;-; )

1. DoomSword
2. Sacral Rage
3. White Magician
4. The Chasm
5. Hammers of Misfortune

Fuck yes to all of these too.

1. Sadistic Intent :lol:
2. Sorhin
3. Grand Belial's Key
4. Vultures Vengeance
5. Zemial

1. Sacriphyx (ARRRRGGHHH!!! Frustrating, been waiting for fucking ever for these cunts)

Good call! Nearly ten years since The Western Front. I actually thought they'd split up for good.

Top 5 MCU films:
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Eternals
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Iron Man 1
5. Spider-Man: No Way Home

Finally caught up with the MCU and the new Spider-Man immediately bumped Shang-Chi out of my top 5. Willem stole the spotlight at all times as Green Goblin.

Haven't seen all of them (currently catching up on the Spider-Man movies so I can check out NWH) but my current ranking would be something like this:

1. Doctor Strange
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Captain America: The First Avenger
4. Infinity War
5. Shang-Chi

Reactions: CiG